PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

justinm0424 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

I attempted with verizon and talked to tech support. They apparently have a seperate Alltel database and ofcourse sprint phones aren't on it. I guess our only option is to swap esn's from another windows mobile phone which is illegal
Old 04-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

I was in the next town over (45 miles away), and the closest store with tech support in it, was talking to them about doing this, didn't mention that it was a sprint phone, just said was a diamond from another carrier and that it was reprogrammed to be on the verizon network, they said wouldn't be a problem, they could call and get it added to the data base, she said she had done it before with a standard flip phone, then I pulled the phone out, called the *228 to show that it was using verizon, she then took the cover off, tried to add it, which of course wasn't in the data base, then she said it wouldn't be a problem she would make a phone call, get it added, she was stupid enough to have the guy on the phone on speaker phone, she explained what we were doing, didn't mention sprint at that point, just said another carrier but verified it was accessing verizon network, he said it wouldn't be a problem, he asked for the number, then he asked her what carrier it use to be on, she told him sprint (couldn't hide the fact since it's painted on the front), and he immediatly said, sorry, we aren't allowed to add sprint at this time

that tells me that verizon is blackballing sprint phones for some reason, this is getting old, I wish I had moved a week earlier, then the *228 option would of still been working

I should of kept my sprint account and not tried to switch to verizon and chance that sprint would charge me for exxessive roaming, now I'm stuck with a basic flip phone with no fancy features, and then the diamond which I've turned off the data/phone and just using it as a basic pda with wifi

Last edited by Nosey; 04-14-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

How about lying and saying it is Telus or US Cellular?
Old 04-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
How about lying and saying it is Telus or US Cellular?
already thought about that, but when I was in the store today, the girl told the guy she saw the notes from when I talked to TS yesterday, so I'm sure they have the notes in there saying that I'm trying to hook a sprint phone up
Old 04-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Has anyone tried putting a unbranded htc case on a sprint phone and trying to get it added.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Has anyone tried putting a unbranded htc case on a sprint phone and trying to get it added.
The case is not the problem, the meid not in the VZ data base is the problem.

~John
Old 04-14-2009, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

justinm0424 is a n00b

So before they fixed the option 3 did it add everyone's touch pro onto their Database? or is everyone who hasd a sprint touch pro on verizon screwed if it gets deactivated somehow. I'm just wondering what exactly verizon changed for the option 3
Old 04-14-2009, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

justinm0424 is a n00b

I'm sitting here with a sprint touch pro I cannot activate and my old I760. if anyone has any suggestions on a magic workaround from the database I'll try it. I love this phone and really don't want to trade/downgrade to a Verizon touch pro
Old 04-14-2009, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

justinm0424 is a n00b

I noticed that my ESN is different then on the back of my phone if I go to settings device information.

If I use my ESN on the device information I get
Your request failed and cannot be completed online. Please contact Customer Service at 800-922-0204 to activate your equipment.

If I use the HEX on the back i get
Your request failed. You may have entered the ESN/MEID incorrectly. Please re-enter and try again.

Which leads me to wonder what is my ESN??
Old 04-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ESN failing means the ESN is in the DMD, but since the TP is a MEID based device, it won't activate (ESN passes, checks to see that the device attempted to activate via MEID auth, tells you to call in). This is a GOOD sign, call them up and tell them of this (don't mention Sprint obviously) and within 10 days you'll be good to go. Try emailing them or trying to get someone assigned to your case...one on one is much better than a random tech everytime you call.

Verizon system only accepts DEC values as far as I'm aware, HEX fails even when I try to put in my Verizon BB Curve's HEX MEID in.

I'm currently playing the waiting game for the MEID myself, ESN is already in their database.

For those of you who are worried, if you phone is working correctly and shows up online as either Unknown or Touch Pro, you have nothing to worry about. When and if you phone deactivates, simply call them up and tell them you've been using the phone for a while, they can check the DMD and confirm, then go ahead and add the MEID again.

Sprint phones are on the blacklist, why? Ton's of people are skipping the Verizon model for Sprints. Carriers have contracts with hardware makers and even each other. Sprint makes sure Verizon phones can't be activated, Verizon makes sure Sprint phones can't. Carriers get exclusives on a phone for a reason--to have exclusive access to it! If you want to play dirty, lie and get it activated, but at any point if they find out its a Sprint, bye bye! They even have a right to break the contract and make you pay the ETF and all other associated charges for endangering the network.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro