PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimpinSlimDB View Post
Did anybody ever find out how to get this roaming indicator off the phone, because this is really killing my battery life?!?
use this modified prl.... it will remove the triangle....
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

ronron5 is a n00b

I got my ESN added to the verizon network and everything is working except for evdo. The data only works at 1x speeds. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to get evdo working on my phone?
Old 09-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, Sprint TP mod to VZW, XV6800, Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

TGabriele is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronron5 View Post
I got my ESN added to the verizon network and everything is working except for evdo. The data only works at 1x speeds. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to get evdo working on my phone?
I think I can help you out, hopefully you can help me out.

From http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20090:
Quote:
5) edit data settings to vzw dial ##778 and enter your new msl of 000000

MIP Profile
Number of profiles: 6
Active user profile index: 0
MIP_MODE: Mobile IP Prefered
MIP Reg Retries: 2
MIP Reg Retry: 1750 ms
MIP Pre-Reg Timeout: 0
Mobile Node-HA: Enable
Send A Reg: Disable
Dormant Handoff Opt: Enable

MIP Default Profile
Enable Profile: Enable
NAI: mynumber@vzw3g.com (MDN@vzw3g.com)
DUN NAI: (if entry is there enter MDN@vzw3g.com so you can tether without a tethering package or MDN@dun.vzw3g.com if you want paid tethering))
MN HA SPI Set: Enable
MN HA SPI Value: 12C
MN AAA SPI Set: Enable
MN AAA SPI Value: 0 (requires a "2" here for 6800 and 6900)
Reverse Tunneling: Enable
Home Address: 0.0.0.0
HA Shared Secret: (erase whatever entry is here leave blank)
AAA Shared Secret: (erase whatever entry is here leave blank)
Primary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
Secondary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
DMU Pub Key: 10
MN Authenticator: 0
The key is to make sure there is nothing in the HA Shared Secret & AAA Shared Secret. After that force your phone into 1X mode by going to Modem Settings in EPST and change the following settings (make note of what the original values are because you will be re-entering them later):

Preferred Mode: CDMA Only
HDR Hybrid Preferred: Disable
Rev. A: Disable

Once you've done all this, the phone will reboot in 1X mode. Go on the web and surf for a few minutes. Your HA & AAA Shared Secret Keys will be written. Revert your modem settings back to the original configuration and you should be in business with full EVDO.

Now, for you to help me. I have a blank banner where it should say Verizon Wireless and *228 option 1 cannot program my phone even though its activated and can make and receive calls and has full EVDO. Can you or anyone else help explain/fix this?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:12 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGabriele View Post
Now, for you to help me. I have a blank banner where it should say Verizon Wireless and *228 option 1 cannot program my phone even though its activated and can make and receive calls and has full EVDO. Can you or anyone else help explain/fix this?
The blank banner is nothing but a display name that can be edited, but I wouldn't bother with this part. If *228 can't program your phone, then you somehow reset your MSL. Try using QPST. If you can get in with 000000 then I am not giving you the correct advice.

Last edited by NinjaDuck; 09-08-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

ronron5 is a n00b

Have you checked to see if your MSL code was reset? Also i tried what you said about my data problem. The Ev logo shows up on my phone now, but still no data unless its 1x. Also have you done a speed test to verify you are actually getting Ev speeds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGabriele View Post
I think I can help you out, hopefully you can help me out.

From http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20090:

The key is to make sure there is nothing in the HA Shared Secret & AAA Shared Secret. After that force your phone into 1X mode by going to Modem Settings in EPST and change the following settings (make note of what the original values are because you will be re-entering them later):

Preferred Mode: CDMA Only
HDR Hybrid Preferred: Disable
Rev. A: Disable

Once you've done all this, the phone will reboot in 1X mode. Go on the web and surf for a few minutes. Your HA & AAA Shared Secret Keys will be written. Revert your modem settings back to the original configuration and you should be in business with full EVDO.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW

battlemac is a n00b

So, I just want to make sure, can you still activate Sprint or Alltel Touch Pro if you are on that data block of the past, or do we have to sign up for data?

Also, could this work with the Sprint or Alltel Treo Pro(built by HTC I believe?)
Old 09-15-2009, 01:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

maelstrom is a n00b

OK here is a question. I just ordered a TP2 for myself and was planning on giving my wife my current phone, a Sprint TP. The phone does not show up on the vzwireless site, so I am assuming that the phone is not registered. Will I be able to switch the Sprint phone to the other number? Or is this going to cause a lot of problems?
Old 09-16-2009, 08:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6850 Windows Mobile 6.5 Energy Rom

phillip587 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlemac View Post
So, I just want to make sure, can you still activate Sprint or Alltel Touch Pro if you are on that data block of the past, or do we have to sign up for data?

Also, could this work with the Sprint or Alltel Treo Pro(built by HTC I believe?)
no you have to sign up for the data plan. reason being is that verizon's pda policy states that any pda device released after november 2008 is required to have a data plan. if the touch pro was released earlier in the year then u would not have to add the data package.

Palm treo 700wx 10/2007-12/2007

Brand New XV6800 12/2007-March 2008

Sprint Htc Touch Pro on Verizon Wireless 05/2009-Present
Old 09-16-2009, 09:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6850 Windows Mobile 6.5 Energy Rom

phillip587 is a n00b

i need some help please!!!!!!!!!! i have successfully put my sprint touch pro on verizon's network. everything works fine but the data. it works intermittently. i go to open internet explorer and it will tell me i have the wrong credentials then i refresh the page and it connects and goes to the page but will not stay connected. then when i close IE and open it back up it does the same thing. i followed the instructions to the T and i even copied my friends settings from his actual vzw touch pro. not all of the settings just the ones i thought were right to change.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, Sprint TP mod to VZW, XV6800, Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

TGabriele is a n00b

I just did a speed test @ www.mobilespeedtest.com and got 2462kbps. So I am on EVDO. Did you ever get it working yourself? I got it working repeatedly doing exactly what I told you. You might have to try it a few times, for some reason it doesn't always take right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronron5 View Post
Have you checked to see if your MSL code was reset? Also i tried what you said about my data problem. The Ev logo shows up on my phone now, but still no data unless its 1x. Also have you done a speed test to verify you are actually getting Ev speeds?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro