View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 05:10 PM
RonDutt
Regular 'Geeker

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

ESN failing means the ESN is in the DMD, but since the TP is a MEID based device, it won't activate (ESN passes, checks to see that the device attempted to activate via MEID auth, tells you to call in). This is a GOOD sign, call them up and tell them of this (don't mention Sprint obviously) and within 10 days you'll be good to go. Try emailing them or trying to get someone assigned to your case...one on one is much better than a random tech everytime you call.

Verizon system only accepts DEC values as far as I'm aware, HEX fails even when I try to put in my Verizon BB Curve's HEX MEID in.

I'm currently playing the waiting game for the MEID myself, ESN is already in their database.

For those of you who are worried, if you phone is working correctly and shows up online as either Unknown or Touch Pro, you have nothing to worry about. When and if you phone deactivates, simply call them up and tell them you've been using the phone for a while, they can check the DMD and confirm, then go ahead and add the MEID again.

Sprint phones are on the blacklist, why? Ton's of people are skipping the Verizon model for Sprints. Carriers have contracts with hardware makers and even each other. Sprint makes sure Verizon phones can't be activated, Verizon makes sure Sprint phones can't. Carriers get exclusives on a phone for a reason--to have exclusive access to it! If you want to play dirty, lie and get it activated, but at any point if they find out its a Sprint, bye bye! They even have a right to break the contract and make you pay the ETF and all other associated charges for endangering the network.