PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Gadjetguy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

I believe the reason Verizon won't activate the Sprint TP is simple. Support. Sure most on this forum are technologically savvy enough to get the phone working and with the support of this forum can overcome most issues. What happens when we show the Sprint-on-Verizon phone to our less technical friends though? They try doing the conversion then all of a sudden there's a swarm of people calling Verizon for support because their phone doesn't work or has other issues. Or people call Verizon saying their Sprint TV or other Sprint applications don't work. Then soon people will expect ALL sprint phones to be able to be converted to Verizon and flood Verizon with calls for support. Think of all the questions asked and answered just in this forum...some several times . Verizon doesn't want to deal with that.

On another note, does anyone know if any converted phones have actually been intentionally disconnected by Verizon?

Mike
Old 04-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

What I find strange is that the TS person specifically said that the 2 supervisors said that they could activate any carriers phone (as long as it was cdma) but sprint

So it's not that if someone see's my sprint branded phone on verizon, it's that verizon won't do sprint
Old 04-13-2009, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

justinm0424 is a n00b

Has anyone tried to get an AKEY from vzw somehow and attempted to activate it that way?
Old 04-14-2009, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

AKEY has nothing to do with activation. Only time programming AKEY is helpful is if your phone is not authenticating and generally only effects voice service (making/receiving calls). Phone must allready be activated for that to even matter.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
What I find strange is that the TS person specifically said that the 2 supervisors said that they could activate any carriers phone (as long as it was cdma) but sprint

So it's not that if someone see's my sprint branded phone on verizon, it's that verizon won't do sprint
They didn't know what they were talking about. Branding of the phone doesn't matter as the DMD could care less if it is a Sprint phone. If it is CDMA with an ESN/MEID then it can be added to the DMD and activated. The problem is getting a non-VZW device loaded in the DMD.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
They didn't know what they were talking about. Branding of the phone doesn't matter as the DMD could care less if it is a Sprint phone. If it is CDMA with an ESN/MEID then it can be added to the DMD and activated. The problem is getting a non-VZW device loaded in the DMD.
The TS guy said it wasn't a problem to get me added within 5 minutes, but when I gave him the number and then he asked what carrier it was with, when I told him sprint, thats when he had to check a few things, and thats when he came back and said any other company but sprint, using the excuse that sprint phones can't operate on duel band. When I told him that it was working on verizons system and asked if he would just try to add it, what harm would it be, he said that the system would kick it out cause he has to put what carrier the number is coming from.....

Since he said other carriers he could add without a problem and have me up and running in 5 minutes, (which was strange cause before I said sprint, HE could add the number, after I said sprint, he had to fill a form and submit it..

What are the different carriers that have the diamomd? Since verizon is lieing to me about phone not being able to work on their system, and we know different, why can't I lie and say the phone is with someone else, since they are lieing about it, I have no problem lieing about the carrier, it's not like it's going to do any harm
Old 04-14-2009, 07:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
The TS guy said it wasn't a problem to get me added within 5 minutes, but when I gave him the number and then he asked what carrier it was with, when I told him sprint, thats when he had to check a few things, and thats when he came back and said any other company but sprint, using the excuse that sprint phones can't operate on duel band. When I told him that it was working on verizons system and asked if he would just try to add it, what harm would it be, he said that the system would kick it out cause he has to put what carrier the number is coming from.....

Since he said other carriers he could add without a problem and have me up and running in 5 minutes, (which was strange cause before I said sprint, HE could add the number, after I said sprint, he had to fill a form and submit it..

What are the different carriers that have the diamomd? Since verizon is lieing to me about phone not being able to work on their system, and we know different, why can't I lie and say the phone is with someone else, since they are lieing about it, I have no problem lieing about the carrier, it's not like it's going to do any harm
I highly doubt he could have "added you in 5 minutes", infact, I am damn near sure he couldn't. Sprint devices are dual band and will work fine. check your PMs
Old 04-14-2009, 07:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
I highly doubt he could have "added you in 5 minutes", infact, I am damn near sure he couldn't. Sprint devices are dual band and will work fine. check your PMs
I'm fully aware that it's dual band and will work, I'm just passing on what verizon is saying currently as the excuse to not add it

as for actually adding it in 5 minutes, might of taken a few minutes longer, but I think I was, at that point, at a level 3 TS guy, and he did state he had the ability to add, but once sprint was mentioned it became a different story and a form had to be filled out
Old 04-14-2009, 08:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

They can certainly add it if they want to & it probably could be done easily in five minutes.

When I activated mine, it took less than 30 seconds using the old *228 option 3 routine.
(the entire phone call took about 60 seconds & I was good to go)

~John
Old 04-14-2009, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

justinm0424 is a n00b

Quote:

Did you try lying and saying it was an alltel? I'm going to try that. I doubt they can know the difference. It sucks having a sweet phone and not being able to use it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro