PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldito26 View Post
hey is anyone else having problems with this? ive tried this over 5 times now and i can never get my google maps to work... i did everything and followed instructions exactlyevery thing is on com4 with 4800 baud rate... any help?
did you change you gps settings in google maps as well? if you dont adjust the setting there it wont work
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

yourborfrombk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
did you change you gps settings in google maps as well? if you dont adjust the setting there it wont work
google maps with latitude aint working no matter what on this sprint touch pro so many roms i flashed so many things i changed an still no lock....when i use that dumb gps tool all i get is a red satellite fix an no lock i swear this phone sucks!!!! i gotta diamond i was surprise to hear the radio working i bet when i transfer from this weak touch pro to this diamond id lose a keyboard but gain better battery life fm radio an a proper gps lock how we suppose to use latitude if we cant get a lock....this make me so mad cause no one is really adressing the issue every ones worried about builds...6.5...tf3d2 like what else is this touch pro good for ???? i know i aint the only one getting tired of this watered down touch pro...i dont even think its really 528 mhz cause honestly my old mogul ran 10 times faster......
Old 04-22-2009, 06:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Since everyone else is generally working that kind of rules out the phone bro. Take it slow, read a bit deeper, the solution is there. Also this is a Verizon thread, not sure what fix you need to have Sprint's GPS working, I thought none.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

yourborfrombk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
Since everyone else is generally working that kind of rules out the phone bro. Take it slow, read a bit deeper, the solution is there. Also this is a Verizon thread, not sure what fix you need to have Sprint's GPS working, I thought none.
im angry man i paid 300$ before the sh!t was in sprint stores i got the same phone an the gps chip suppose to be the biggest highlight of the phone an its watered down to the point where i cant get a lock on google maps, vzw, sprint an the gsm touch pro hardware suppose to be the same right so if i cant have a front facing camera an a fm radio i could atleast have a proper working gps right....but the vzw touch pro an diamond is the closest to the gsm version possible but this sprint touch pro i feel like i been short handed as usual with sprint......aint no one got answer for me...i aint asking for the fm radio to work but this seems like its going down the same road..........
Old 04-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

kashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to kashabrown

AWESOME ||||BORED|||| It worked the first time!! SUPER WORK!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourborfrombk View Post
google maps with latitude aint working no matter what on this sprint touch pro so many roms i flashed so many things i changed an still no lock....when i use that dumb gps tool all i get is a red satellite fix an no lock i swear this phone sucks!!!! i gotta diamond i was surprise to hear the radio working i bet when i transfer from this weak touch pro to this diamond id lose a keyboard but gain better battery life fm radio an a proper gps lock how we suppose to use latitude if we cant get a lock....this make me so mad cause no one is really adressing the issue every ones worried about builds...6.5...tf3d2 like what else is this touch pro good for ???? i know i aint the only one getting tired of this watered down touch pro...i dont even think its really 528 mhz cause honestly my old mogul ran 10 times faster......
if i read the first line of your post correctly you have a sprint touch pro. there is your problem right there champ. this is for verizon like it says in the title. before bashing the phone make sure you r in the right place
Old 04-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourborfrombk View Post
im angry man i paid 300$ before the sh!t was in sprint stores i got the same phone an the gps chip suppose to be the biggest highlight of the phone an its watered down to the point where i cant get a lock on google maps, vzw, sprint an the gsm touch pro hardware suppose to be the same right so if i cant have a front facing camera an a fm radio i could atleast have a proper working gps right....but the vzw touch pro an diamond is the closest to the gsm version possible but this sprint touch pro i feel like i been short handed as usual with sprint......aint no one got answer for me...i aint asking for the fm radio to work but this seems like its going down the same road..........
This might help, Verizon's GPS is locked at the start but Sprints is not. Maybe the Sprint person was talking about charging for GPS software, not the unlock. As far as I know your GPS should work right out of the box IF you have your software configured properly (googlemaps, livesearch, etc).
Old 04-22-2009, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Seriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSeriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSeriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Still works...
.....thanked and donated
Old 04-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Lurker

angeldavisfl is a n00b

Just got this touch pro and I cant get this to work. Is there an update to the file?
Old 04-23-2009, 04:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

marshaeg is a n00b

I have been looking at this the last few days. I was going through everything to make sure I can find all the files before I try anything, but I can't seem to locate ppst.exe anywhere on the mobile device. Am I reading something wrong? I am very new to altering a phone like this, so please go easy!
Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro