PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

JDiddyC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Bored,
Is the aGPS fix that used to work on the 6800 (Titan) via XDA not an option? It was the one in which you use QPST and set the IP Address depending on your provider if I'm not mistaken. Or is it a matter or 'tweaking' the PRI or whatever?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

That won't work on the Touch Pro

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 01-05-2009, 07:59 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
lllboredlll I got a beta open with my 2.1 OEM pack like we talked about in PM last night. Dimitir wanted to try it too....

I will link it over to you tonight. Going to call it the Extreme Edition or maybe Scott's Private Label but both you and dimitir were right about stripping the ROM and bumping the page pool.. Wholly snap! THis ROM is sick. Do you still have my 2.1 OEM's? If not I can upload them for you. I cleaned my crap out. Hehehe.....

EDIT: Gonna upload anyways so everyone can play ;c)
TY.....
Old 01-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

I flashed to Scott's 3.0 FINAL and it is by far the easiest way to set up GPS. It's even easier than the 6800 (Titan) GPS cab file.

Flash the to the new ROM, *22899 and after reset turn location on in the location settings, update Quick GPS and VOILA 8 sats in 25 seconds flat while walking to the train station in Brooklyn New York!

I LOVE my phone thanks to you and Scott!
Old 01-05-2009, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro2

lbjohnny is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONMAC View Post
Any word on when the aGPS fix might be expected? Quick gps has been an awesome help but I think agps would make the locks for those of us in a big city a little more consistent.

BTW Scott has released a new rom (VZNav 3.0 final) that appears to make setting up the gps fix very very easy. I haven't tried it yet but he has been but plan to later and will report back.
I gotta say that I'm not waiting for Agps at all. With the new beta3 & quick Gps cooked in- i'm getting instant locks all the time cold or warm it works & i'm skeptical that agps will be any better. This combo rocks.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONMAC View Post
I flashed to Scott's 3.0 FINAL and it is by far the easiest way to set up GPS. It's even easier than the 6800 (Titan) GPS cab file.

Flash the to the new ROM, *22899 and after reset turn location on in the location settings, update Quick GPS and VOILA 8 sats in 25 seconds flat while walking to the train station in Brooklyn New York!

I LOVE my phone thanks to you and Scott!
We love your phone too! Hell We love all phones!!! Hahahahaha

EDIT: Not all. I hate motorola phones!

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 01-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

Is quickgps something I can just install and run or do I need to use a ROM with it cooked in?

Do you just run it on it's own prior to anytime you want to use the GPS? and once you get a lock you close it and run your GPS enabled program?
Old 01-05-2009, 08:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Just find the cab and install it. You should run it weekly.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

I found a cab in another thread on this forum, but I get a certificate error.

Can someone point me in the direction of the correct cab to use?
Old 01-05-2009, 08:28 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

are you running a stock ROM?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro