PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Pro issue. Rendering slow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
More like the one on the right... But Opera Mobile is not the fastest web browser out there... It has to do all the heavy lifting (graphics rendering and such) on the phone... It isnt server-side like Opera Mini or Skyfire... That is the self-prescribed propaganda I follow
Really huh? The one on the right? Well.. I have my GF Pro and its exactly the same as mines. Weird I guess... I( will be getting 2 new pros soon when Sprint restocks.. I will compare all of them side by side.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

My phone is like the slower of the two shown in the video..
Old 12-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
My phone is like the slower of the two shown in the video..
The slower one is the one on the left. The PRO. It has a jerky scrolling with it. the Mogul is on the right, its sooo much smoother. Weeird.

Last edited by Exil3d; 12-13-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Hey.. look at 11 seconds to 16 seconds. Does your opera move like the Pro on the right or the mogul on the left?
Mine moves more like the one on the right too. I usually use my fingernail for that sorta thing, but i tried with the stylus just to compare... same results. I can move up/down as fast as i want and it still sticks. I'm still running stock and without any screen tweaks.

Are you right handed? Maybe it's because you're using your left hand with the pro in that video ha j/k..
Old 12-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This is one of the biggest problems with opera on my TouchPro... My phone is just like the one on the right, smoother than the mogul but at the cost of rendering problems
----
Hold up, the one on the right is the mogul.... that means that my touch pro is running pretty well lol... you must have a bad touchpro!

Last edited by gobmonster; 12-13-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
Mine moves more like the one on the right too. I usually use my fingernail for that sorta thing, but i tried with the stylus just to compare... same results. I can move up/down as fast as i want and it still sticks. I'm still running stock and without any screen tweaks.

Are you right handed? Maybe it's because you're using your left hand with the pro in that video ha j/k..
Actually, that left handed quip might be true.. lol.. I never use the stylus.. I hope they can issue updated drivers or something to increase the performance of this phone when it comes to rendering and displaying graphics...
Old 12-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post

Sorry I got my left and right confused! dAMN.. WAT A MORON! i MEANT THAT THE PRO IS ON THE LEFT AND THE mOGUL IS ON THE RIGHT. SORRY! SO you would say your is like the one on the left or right. Damn.. I am soo confused now! LOL
Old 12-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
This is one of the biggest problems with opera on my TouchPro... My phone is just like the one on the right, smoother than the mogul but at the cost of rendering problems
----
Hold up, the one on the right is the mogul.... that means that my touch pro is running pretty well lol... you must have a bad touchpro!
Sorry... I cleared up my mistake. The one on the right is the Mogul and the one one the left is the Pro. Clearly the Mogul is sooo smooth. I think we have equal performance between the mogul and the PRO, but the Pro has to render 640 by 480 so it jerks alot. What do youa ll think..
Old 12-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Sorry... I cleared up my mistake. The one on the right is the Mogul and the one one the left is the Pro. Clearly the Mogul is sooo smooth. I think we have equal performance between the mogul and the PRO, but the Pro has to render 640 by 480 so it jerks alot. What do youa ll think..
Well, now that im confused... lol

My touchpro is performing like the mogul in that video, ultra smooth but i get alot of those checkered boxes while panning. It thought that was the complaint in this thread...

Well, im now saying that the pro in that video, with its terrible rendering, it must be defective. My last touchpro underperformed, and i know this now as i just got my replacement a couple days ago. This one is better than my last and build quality is my only explanation (especially if several roms were tried).
---
Double examined and the mogul in that video is slightly less jerky than my pro, but not by much, performance is almost exact considering im running alot of stuff at the moment

Last edited by gobmonster; 12-13-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
Well, now that im confused... lol

My touchpro is performing like the mogul in that video, ultra smooth but i get alot of those checkered boxes while panning. It thought that was the complaint in this thread...

Well, im now saying that the pro in that video, with its terrible rendering, it must be defective. My last touchpro underperformed, and i know this now as i just got my replacement a couple days ago. This one is better than my last and build quality is my only explanation (especially if several roms were tried).

HAHA! Sorry to confuse you all. Just to clear it up...PPC on the left is the PRO, PPC on the right is the MOGUL. The checkered pattern is not the issue. The issue is the jerkyness you see in the video from seconds 11 to 16. When I scroll up and down on the PRO, its a bit jerky. But with the Mogul as you can see on the video.. its smooth. So if you say your is like the ppc on the right (Mogul) then I am baffled. I have 2 Pros ordered ont he 3rd with a manufactured date of Oct 20 and they both behave the same. So if youre replacement Pro is like the Mogul on the video... then they must have done something different.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro