PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Sprint Pro issue. Rendering slow?

lol.. My screen gets checkerboard-like but that's the only complaint about the rendering for Opera Mobile..
Old 12-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Okay, ive tried to recreate your problem and it does have some jerkiness with the panning, but definitely not as bad as that video.

It only seems to happen when im really zoomed in, meaning, from the wide unzoomed view, everything is perfectly smooth. Does the tp in the video have the same problem when completely panned out?
Old 12-13-2008, 10:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

oh no problem i didn't even see your mistake comment until after and i figured it was just a mistake when i did read it... i had a mogul, so i can tell it's the one on the right plus it does stick better than the pro on the left in your video...
but to clarify, my tp sticks/grips like the mogul on the right. The tp on the left seems like the sensitivity doesn't stick perfectly at 11-16secs on the video? Kinda like the page is a little slippery and can't be held onto...
If i saw the video without reading your post or this thread, i'd say the tp on the left was being pressed very lightly with that stylus (causing it to lose grip) or perhaps it had a different screen protector?
It doesn't look that bad though... at least it doesn't jerk
edit: well, at least it doesn't seriously jerk around... for that matter

Last edited by lipidfats; 12-13-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
lol.. My screen gets checkerboard-like but that's the only complaint about the rendering for Opera Mobile..
+1 for that
Old 12-14-2008, 12:45 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Yup, even panned out it jerks a bit. I am confident it is the phone because I have 2 Pros. Both bought on the same day and both have the same manufacture datew of oct 20th. And one has never been unlocked and has the original stock sprint rom. And the other has JDs rom and a upgraded Opera 9.5. And they b0th have the same jerkiness. And the unlocked pro I have tried practically all the custom roms from ppcgeeks and all the different operas 9.5s and they all have the same issue. This makes e think its hardware more than software. Can anyone on this site say that their Pro runs as smooth as the Mogul on my video. Pay close attention to seconds 11 to 16 and see the difference in smoothness in the panning up and down. If you think its as smooth as the mogul on the video then tell me what version opera you are running and what rom you using. Thank you.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work

mine is as fast as the right (mogul)... try JUGGS 4.0 ROM
Old 12-14-2008, 04:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

Meh...

Could care less. When I finger scroll in contacts or the all programs menus the phone works like it should.

Graphically, the VGA video must be part of what is bothering you, that takes some resources I am sure... All I see is a phone that works in the end...

P.S. Have you switched hands and done this with the Mogul on the left and the TP on the right? Unless you are ambidexterous, I can see how your left hand (assuming you are right handed) could cause lag... Just being as nit picky about your video as you are with your phone...

Last edited by Insoc; 12-14-2008 at 04:19 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:26 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Naw.... I am applyign even pressure on both lcd screens. I will dig on it more tomorrow. Too tired. gnite.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Further Test comfirms the issue to be resolvable to a closer level of how the Mogul runs it. I will post my findings soon.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

speck is becoming a great contributor

I've watched the video several times. Mine is a combination of the two. Jerky scrolling and panning (Pro on left) and frequent 'checkerboarding' (Mogul on right).

My scrolling is inconsistent and jerky in every app. I've been figuring I need to get used to the screen sensitivity, but now I'm not so sure it isn't the phone itself.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro