PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Pro issue. Rendering slow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck View Post
I've watched the video several times. Mine is a combination of the two. Jerky scrolling and panning (Pro on left) and frequent 'checkerboarding' (Mogul on right).

My scrolling is inconsistent and jerky in every app. I've been figuring I need to get used to the screen sensitivity, but now I'm not so sure it isn't the phone itself.
Gimme 30 more minutes. I am very close to a answer!
Old 12-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Ok..... finally found a solution but dont know what causes it to render alot better. We will have to ask Juggs 4.0 maker. I tried all the roms and his Juggs 32MB PAGEPOOL w- Opera Ver 4 here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43229 fixes the problem almost 90 %. I dont know if its the pagepool being cooked to 32 or if he used other video drivers. But his rom makes Opera 9.5 run a hell of a lot smoother. I checked his opera version and its 2745. IOn the other Pro with the stock Sprint rom, I unlocked it and installed just Opera 9.5 2745 and it did not fix the jerkiness. So this makes me believe that its something else rather than just the 32 pagepool. I will post a video soon. I tired using other rooms that have a similar page pool or higher and their opera runs jerky aswell. I tried upgrading those roms to opera 2745 and still... jerky. So Juggs musty be doing something else. Maibe he can share his cooking?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck View Post
I've watched the video several times. Mine is a combination of the two. Jerky scrolling and panning (Pro on left) and frequent 'checkerboarding' (Mogul on right).

My scrolling is inconsistent and jerky in every app. I've been figuring I need to get used to the screen sensitivity, but now I'm not so sure it isn't the phone itself.
You can change the screen sensitivity.. Check this out...
Old 12-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Well.. I asked him over at his roms thread. Hopefully he can shed some light. I cant make a video now.. I will make it later in the afternoon to show you how much better it runs now compared to before.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Well.. I asked him over at his roms thread. Hopefully he can shed some light. I cant make a video now.. I will make it later in the afternoon to show you how much better it runs now compared to before.
Cool... Looking forward to it
Old 12-16-2008, 01:39 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Ok.. made a video with Stock Sprint rom and juggs 4.0 rom. This Jugg rom is really fast and Opera runs at least 3 times smoother. This video dont do it justice since its recorded at 24 fps. In reality its alot smoother than the Stock Sprint rom Opera. THe Pro on the Left is the Stock Sprint Rom, the Pro on the Right is Juggs Rom. Like I said.. its a bit hard to see sme different since the video reduced the FPS... but if you look carefully you will see that the Pro on the Right (juggs rom) is a bit smoother. And again... this video DOES NOT do it justice! In person its incredibly smoother.

Shaka bang bang shaka bang bang KLAK! I like this rom but its got hedious colors Juggs.. put Spritn tf3d! Please!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzrTWeupXIE
Old 12-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Hey.. anyone care to comment on the new vid I posted? Can you see the difference?
Old 12-16-2008, 11:54 PM
Big MVP Diesel

I can tell a difference... Way quicker...
Old 12-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
I can tell a difference... Way quicker...
Ya, and that video dont do it justice. If reality.. its 3 times better than that video. I am on a personal mission to find out what was doen to get Opera on that rom run soo much better. Also.. not only is Opera faster.. overall all the 2d pages on the phone are smoother.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Big MVP Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Ya, and that video dont do it justice. If reality.. its 3 times better than that video. I am on a personal mission to find out what was doen to get Opera on that rom run soo much better. Also.. not only is Opera faster.. overall all the 2d pages on the phone are smoother.
Sounds like a nice ROM.. Is the Opera version the same?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro