PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380
Carrier: Project Fi

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Release Info (consolidated criticalaudioinc info)

if you have BT you can use that. the PRO and diamond have a setting that makes it look like a flash drive to the computer. once you plug up the usb cable you have the option to use ASync or connect it as a flash drive... so no you do not need ASync to add programs... ALTHOUGH some programs need to be installed via ASync. coreplayer does not need to be Async'ed...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Thumbs up Re: Touch Pro Release Info (consolidated criticalaudioinc info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
if you have BT you can use that. the PRO and diamond have a setting that makes it look like a flash drive to the computer. once you plug up the usb cable you have the option to use ASync or connect it as a flash drive... so no you do not need ASync to add programs... ALTHOUGH some programs need to be installed via ASync. coreplayer does not need to be Async'ed...
ok thanks for the info that was much needed to know guess il keep activesync on my laptop just in case

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 10-26-2008, 08:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV-6700
Carrier: Verizon

jsavin is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jsavin Send a message via MSN to jsavin Send a message via Yahoo to jsavin Send a message via Skype™ to jsavin

Just FYI for anyone in Western Washington state. I called every Best Buy in from Tacoma to Everett today, and of the ones that carry Sprint at all, none have the Touch Pro yet. The one in Bellevue said it was coming this week, and the one in Lynwood had it on their inventory database, but had no units yet.

I'll be calling around again Monday morning, but I don't expect the situation to have changed, and will probably finalize my EVP order instead. Unless anyone else has any bright ideas.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hermann
Carrier: Sprint

abrasive is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsavin View Post
Just FYI for anyone in Western Washington state. I called every Best Buy in from Tacoma to Everett today, and of the ones that carry Sprint at all, none have the Touch Pro yet. The one in Bellevue said it was coming this week, and the one in Lynwood had it on their inventory database, but had no units yet.
I myself live around this area and was led to believe they know very little about the unit's release. However, one BB store I contacted in Federal Way told me that BB Mobile does not carry Sprint at all in the state of Washington! Can you confirm that the stores you contacted actually do carry Sprint? Thanks
Old 10-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

I got my Pro yesterday at bestbuy in saint louis, and i really love the phone, i just hate the battery it drains so quit for me, it cant even last the whole day i have to charge it mid day because it gets empty, thats how it was yesterday, and today.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
I got my Pro yesterday at bestbuy in saint louis, and i really love the phone, i just hate the battery it drains so quit for me, it cant even last the whole day i have to charge it mid day because it gets empty, thats how it was yesterday, and today.
Give it a few more days. Li-Ion batteries take a few charges before they take a full charge. In addition, they have to be "conditioned" with a few full charge and discarges. Trust me, I race both electric and nitro R/C trucks and cars. The electrics, I run NIMH batteries which are very simmilar to Li-Ion and Li-Poly batteries. It takes several charge/discharge cycles to condition them to get the best performance. Sometimes when they are new, I barely make a full race and across the finish line. But after a few charge cycles, I have enough to make a couple of victory laps.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

takedown is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedda_chez View Post
there trying to fight it,

saying i bought it at a third party store and at a discounted price, i sent a long email back and am awaiting reply.

-Chez
I can post my email thread if you'd think it would help. eCare so no problem applying it after I bought the phone and the contract was extended by Best Buy.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:04 AM
N00b

jsavin is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jsavin Send a message via MSN to jsavin Send a message via Yahoo to jsavin Send a message via Skype™ to jsavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrasive View Post
I myself live around this area and was led to believe they know very little about the unit's release. However, one BB store I contacted in Federal Way told me that BB Mobile does not carry Sprint at all in the state of Washington! Can you confirm that the stores you contacted actually do carry Sprint? Thanks
Of all the stores I contacted, only two said they carry sprint. One was the Bellevue store, and the other was either Everett or Lynnwood (don't remember which). Every other store I called did not carry Sprint. One said "online only", and that the only stores they knew of in WA state that did were in the far eastern part of the state. That seems to be largely true, but not 100%.

In any case, EVP seems like the fastest path to certain satisfaction if it's available to you. Otherwise, it looks like we're waiting until they go online, since the local stores are likely to run late or run out quickly.

Anyway, I'm going to confirm my EVP order tomorrow. They guaranteed it would ship by the 2nd, but it sounds like one or two others here got (or will get) theirs sooner.

Since I'm a Microsoft employee, I then later get to figure out how to get onto a special corporate plan which has a cheaper data rate. They like me to be able to get email all the time, and I like the cheap data, so we both win.

Good luck!
Old 10-27-2008, 03:08 AM
N00b

jsavin is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
Give it a few more days. Li-Ion batteries take a few charges before they take a full charge. In addition, they have to be "conditioned" with a few full charge and discarges. Trust me, I race both electric and nitro R/C trucks and cars. The electrics, I run NIMH batteries which are very simmilar to Li-Ion and Li-Poly batteries. It takes several charge/discharge cycles to condition them to get the best performance. Sometimes when they are new, I barely make a full race and across the finish line. But after a few charge cycles, I have enough to make a couple of victory laps.
I'm sure there are already a gazillion threads about maximizing battery life here and elsewhere, but in my experience on Windows Mobile (all the way from 2003 to 6.1), the two biggest drains on battery are WiFi and setting up ActiveSync to get mail "as it arrives" (a.k.a. push mail). Turning off WiFi and switching to check for new mail every 15 minutes makes a *huge* difference.

After that it's all about incrementally reducing CPU usage, with the most common drains being games and video playback. (Audio is not a big deal, and neither is Bluetooth.)

Hope this helps!
-Jake

(No I don't work on Windows Mobile -- just a fan and avid user who happens to also work at Microsoft.)
Old 10-27-2008, 05:43 AM
N00b

jsavin is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsavin View Post
Of all the stores I contacted, only two said they carry sprint. One was the Bellevue store, and the other was either Everett or Lynnwood (don't remember which). Every other store I called did not carry Sprint. One said "online only", and that the only stores they knew of in WA state that did were in the far eastern part of the state. That seems to be largely true, but not 100%.

In any case, EVP seems like the fastest path to certain satisfaction if it's available to you. Otherwise, it looks like we're waiting until they go online, since the local stores are likely to run late or run out quickly.

Anyway, I'm going to confirm my EVP order tomorrow. They guaranteed it would ship by the 2nd, but it sounds like one or two others here got (or will get) theirs sooner.

Since I'm a Microsoft employee, I then later get to figure out how to get onto a special corporate plan which has a cheaper data rate. They like me to be able to get email all the time, and I like the cheap data, so we both win.

Good luck!
Ok, maybe it's bad form to quote myself, but I thought folks would like to know that sometime in the last few hours the Touch Pro appeared on Best Buy's website:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218014505438

That in itself isn't so special, since it's "backordered" and will take "1 to 2 weeks" to ship, but you can use the website to search in local stores. Here's how:

Click Add To Cart on the page above. Then on the shopping cart page, click the Select Store link under Pick Up (for in-store pick-up of online orders).

Then you get a page where you can enter your zip code or city/state, and see if there's any nearby inventory. It only lists the nearest 5 stores, but by hitting the back button and entering in successively farther cities a few times, you can search an area wider than you're probably willing to drive, very quickly.

And apparently for all you WA state residents out there. There are approximately zero Touch Pros in stock in any Best Buy store in WA as of this writing. Same goes for the Portland area.

Maybe Tue?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro