View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 03:08 AM
jsavin
N00b

jsavin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jsavin Send a message via MSN to jsavin Send a message via Yahoo to jsavin Send a message via Skype™ to jsavin
Re: Touch Pro Release Info (consolidated criticalaudioinc info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
Give it a few more days. Li-Ion batteries take a few charges before they take a full charge. In addition, they have to be "conditioned" with a few full charge and discarges. Trust me, I race both electric and nitro R/C trucks and cars. The electrics, I run NIMH batteries which are very simmilar to Li-Ion and Li-Poly batteries. It takes several charge/discharge cycles to condition them to get the best performance. Sometimes when they are new, I barely make a full race and across the finish line. But after a few charge cycles, I have enough to make a couple of victory laps.
I'm sure there are already a gazillion threads about maximizing battery life here and elsewhere, but in my experience on Windows Mobile (all the way from 2003 to 6.1), the two biggest drains on battery are WiFi and setting up ActiveSync to get mail "as it arrives" (a.k.a. push mail). Turning off WiFi and switching to check for new mail every 15 minutes makes a *huge* difference.

After that it's all about incrementally reducing CPU usage, with the most common drains being games and video playback. (Audio is not a big deal, and neither is Bluetooth.)

Hope this helps!
-Jake

(No I don't work on Windows Mobile -- just a fan and avid user who happens to also work at Microsoft.)