View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 05:43 AM
jsavin
N00b

jsavin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jsavin Send a message via MSN to jsavin Send a message via Yahoo to jsavin Send a message via Skype™ to jsavin
Re: Touch Pro Release Info (consolidated criticalaudioinc info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsavin View Post
Of all the stores I contacted, only two said they carry sprint. One was the Bellevue store, and the other was either Everett or Lynnwood (don't remember which). Every other store I called did not carry Sprint. One said "online only", and that the only stores they knew of in WA state that did were in the far eastern part of the state. That seems to be largely true, but not 100%.

In any case, EVP seems like the fastest path to certain satisfaction if it's available to you. Otherwise, it looks like we're waiting until they go online, since the local stores are likely to run late or run out quickly.

Anyway, I'm going to confirm my EVP order tomorrow. They guaranteed it would ship by the 2nd, but it sounds like one or two others here got (or will get) theirs sooner.

Since I'm a Microsoft employee, I then later get to figure out how to get onto a special corporate plan which has a cheaper data rate. They like me to be able to get email all the time, and I like the cheap data, so we both win.

Good luck!
Ok, maybe it's bad form to quote myself, but I thought folks would like to know that sometime in the last few hours the Touch Pro appeared on Best Buy's website:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218014505438

That in itself isn't so special, since it's "backordered" and will take "1 to 2 weeks" to ship, but you can use the website to search in local stores. Here's how:

Click Add To Cart on the page above. Then on the shopping cart page, click the Select Store link under Pick Up (for in-store pick-up of online orders).

Then you get a page where you can enter your zip code or city/state, and see if there's any nearby inventory. It only lists the nearest 5 stores, but by hitting the back button and entering in successively farther cities a few times, you can search an area wider than you're probably willing to drive, very quickly.

And apparently for all you WA state residents out there. There are approximately zero Touch Pros in stock in any Best Buy store in WA as of this writing. Same goes for the Portland area.

Maybe Tue?
This post has been thanked 1 times.