PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
OK, just checked, the standard xdandroid build reports Firmware Version: 2.1 in Settings > About Phone.

It's not. I wouldn't worry too much about what it reports; just stick to how it works.
LOL I didn't even think about that. Good call.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

DrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good workDrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via MSN to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via Yahoo to DrUnKeN_TiGeR

ok i was trying to find 2.0 so i could run google voice....it still wont run wth it just sits at the sign in screen the bar is moving but nothings happening

Last edited by DrUnKeN_TiGeR; 04-21-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUnKeN_TiGeR View Post
ok i was trying to find 2.0 so i could run google voice....it still wont run wth it just sits at the sign in screen the bar is moving but nothings happening
It's the classic "works for me" situation here. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the GV app... other than that, I don't know what could be hanging it up...
Old 04-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: SPRINT

DrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good workDrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via MSN to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via Yahoo to DrUnKeN_TiGeR

yea ive done that i think its the build im using i need to find a 2.0 build i dont think the aio build is 2.0
Old 04-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUnKeN_TiGeR View Post
yea ive done that i think its the build im using i need to find a 2.0 build i dont think the aio build is 2.0
It's 2.0.1... You can try builds over @ XDA, it's worth a shot I guess.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Not sure what you did, wipe the card and start fresh. I like to organize my builds into folders, I have a 2.0.1 folder, a 2.1 folder and a 2.1w/sense folder. Then I just modify the startup.txt for each (it's the relpath= setting btw) so it knows where to look. Helps me keep all that mess separate. You may want to go that route, because before I would just wipe the SD card every time I wanted to try a different release. Started getting kinda ridiculous.
How well did 2.1 with sense work for you? so far I've had troubles with it

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
Old 04-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstainHellbring View Post
How well did 2.1 with sense work for you? so far I've had troubles with it
Horrid. Tons of force closes. Everything took forever to respond. It's not getting as much developer attention, so that's a big reason.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell Touch Pro, Telus P5310 (NEON400)
Carrier: Bell, Telus

88fingerslukee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Horrid. Tons of force closes. Everything took forever to respond. It's not getting as much developer attention, so that's a big reason.

I can't even imagine why you would need sense for this OS anyway. There are a ton of apps and widgets that can do all that stuff for you without resorting to the issues.
Perhaps I'm not thinking of something though.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88fingerslukee View Post
I can't even imagine why you would need sense for this OS anyway. There are a ton of apps and widgets that can do all that stuff for you without resorting to the issues.
Perhaps I'm not thinking of something though.
Some dude @ XDA was claiming it was running pretty much flawlessly on his RAPH800, and I tried some specific files that he had that he claimed made it run perfectly blah blah... It was still bad. Until the main devs put some focus on it, it's probably not going to get much better.

I do love the look of Android with Sense, but the actual Sense interface isn't that great. I just like how all the Android buttons are skinned, bigger, and everything is black. Not sure if that's 2.1, or Sense, I think that's all part of SenseUI....
Old 04-22-2010, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b

Well, this has been an interesting experiment, but I'm moving on. I haven't posted much here, but I've played with different builds on my Alltel Touch Pro (it's a daily driver, so I've had to be careful since I need it to be working to run my business) and you guys are definitely on to something. I think once you get to a point where you've got a bootable native ROM to flash, this has great possibilities.

Unfortunately, I can't be part of it. I took the plunge and preordered my new HTC Droid Incredible, so I'll be moving to the "legit" Android world. I'll keep checking back here to see if there's anything I can do to help though. If nothing else, I'll have a factory 2.1 Sense build to refer against if you need to check settings etc.

Once I get the Incredible, I'll be selling my Touch Pro, so if anyone here thinks it would be good to have a secondary test device, we can talk.

Keep up the great work!

For generally helpful stuff like my SID finder, Alltel PRLs, and more of my rants and observations on the world in general, visit http://www.the-answerman.com.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux