PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Flak is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

I have a sprint touch pro, haven't been able to get any AIO build after 3-31-2010 to work. 3-31-2010 seems to work ok. But when I try a new AIO build, whether it's on a fresh SD card or laid on top of 3-31-2010 one of two things happen:

Looping X (have let it sit for 30mins), deleting the data.img file lets the phone get as far as the google account part but then touch screen goes unresponsive and I start getting process failed to start/process hung errors.

Loads to desktop but touchscreen is completely unresponsive then the tp goes to sleep or standby until I pull the battery
Old 06-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak View Post
I have a sprint touch pro, haven't been able to get any AIO build after 3-31-2010 to work. 3-31-2010 seems to work ok. But when I try a new AIO build, whether it's on a fresh SD card or laid on top of 3-31-2010 one of two things happen:

Looping X (have let it sit for 30mins), deleting the data.img file lets the phone get as far as the google account part but then touch screen goes unresponsive and I start getting process failed to start/process hung errors.

Loads to desktop but touchscreen is completely unresponsive then the tp goes to sleep or standby until I pull the battery
Well it sounds like you didn't go thru calibration.

You were correct in the diagnosis of the looping X problem, now if you have a ts-calibration file at the root of the SD (or /andboot, where haret.exe is) delete that and boot again. Watch for the calibration screen, it'll have little 4-square boxes. It may time out if you don't do it in time, which may very well be the cause of your issue. Do your best to hit the middle, and if you do it once well you can save that ts-calibration file and re-use it again and again. Hope that helps.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anybody experiment with the SUPL AGPS server settings?

I changed it to the one Sprint phones usually use and now I sometimes get 8 second GPS locks. Mostly 10-30 seconds. However sometimes it will be 30-90 seconds. With the default settings it always seemed like it took a long time to get lock, probably 60+ seconds, but I didn't try to isolate why. It might have been as simple as needing a data connection open first before starting GPS. I recall there might have been a bug in the callback where the Qualcomm stuff asks for the data connection to be opened.

The setting is in

/system/etc/gps.conf

and it gets copied into

/data/etc/gps.conf

at boot time, so you only need to change it once at the source (and reboot)

This is what I changed

SUPL_HOST=68.28.31.49
SUPL_PORT=4503

This is what Sprint phones usually have it set to (including Touch Pro stock WM ROM) I wouldn't experiment using these settings if you are on a different carrier.

Verizon probably has their on SUPL server settings which you could look up if you were interested.

EDIT:
There is a list of other SUPL AGPS server settings here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...11&postcount=2
This from this 88fingerslukee post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...06#post1811306

Last edited by sfhub; 06-13-2010 at 02:45 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:05 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Thanks sfhub -- looks interesting. I'll check it out once I get around to GPS stuff.

(and you probably only need to change it at /data/etc/gps.conf, since the files under /system are read only... I think /data/etc might "mount --bind" at /system/etc to give the appearance that the files are there. Not totally sure.)
Old 06-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

mrkite38 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
Anybody experiment with the SUPL AGPS server settings?

I changed it to the one Sprint phones usually use and now I sometimes get 8 second GPS locks. Mostly 10-30 seconds. However sometimes it will be 30-90 seconds. With the default settings it always seemed like it took a long time to get lock, probably 60+ seconds, but I didn't try to isolate why. It might have been as simple as needing a data connection open first before starting GPS. I recall there might have been a bug in the callback where the Qualcomm stuff asks for the data connection to be opened.

The setting is in

/system/etc/gps.conf

and it gets copied into

/data/etc/gps.conf

at boot time, so you only need to change it once at the source (and reboot)

This is what I changed

SUPL_HOST=68.28.31.49
SUPL_PORT=4503

This is what Sprint phones usually have it set to (including Touch Pro stock WM ROM) I wouldn't experiment using these settings if you are on a different carrier.

Verizon probably has their on SUPL server settings which you could look up if you were interested.
VZW'ers, try:
host: 216.198.139.92
port: 8889
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (RAPH 500)
Carrier: Verizon

x4osw0n is a n00b

I downloaded zedge from the marketplace; good selections, and does ringtones too, though only non-copyright ones. worked perfectly. In fact almost every app I have gotten from the marketplace works, though everything is a bit slow at the moment. May try the overclock app mentioned in this thread.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

OvermindDL1 is a n00b

EDIT: Ignore this post, it spontanously started working...

Last edited by OvermindDL1; 06-11-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

you have a couple of options. there is a work-around for the boot loop, referenced on page one.

also there should be an updating coming soon (maybe today, maybe not) that i believe will fix the bootloop issue for most. we shall see.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by x4osw0n View Post
I downloaded zedge from the marketplace; good selections, and does ringtones too, though only non-copyright ones. worked perfectly. In fact almost every app I have gotten from the marketplace works, though everything is a bit slow at the moment. May try the overclock app mentioned in this thread.
Yea, I'm sure as you're aware the RAM situation on the RAPH500 is abysmal... Probably the reason for the sluggishness.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvermindDL1 View Post
EDIT: Ignore this post, it spontanously started working...
I was going to say, delete your data.img, NOT the entire andboot folder. Hopefully there's a fix in the pipe, like hamagc said.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux