PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Should the SIM unlocker be free for one phone private use ?
Definitely 132 58.15%
yes but only to Elite Team donators 49 21.59%
No, you should have to pay for the unlocker 46 20.26%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 08:53 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlocker finally releasing

why are some of you guys so negative?

i dont get it... yeah some crap has happened but thats life... why still be negative all the time tho?

Old 10-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soicy423
i think it will be out tonight but my hopes aren't all the way up cause i know there always a chance we'll get an update like...we have to fix one more thing on the hardspl or we need to do some more testing...or my favorite there's one minor thing that has to be fixed on the server. i have a lil more faith than usual because cmonex actually created a thread last night. who know thoug? i guess we'll have to just wait and see.
I wouldn't expect it this early in the evening, it's almost 2AM in Hungary & I bet the diva is sleeping right now, so I'm thinking sometime in the middle of the night or something while we're sleeping, or at least some of us lol
Old 10-29-2009, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

delfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good work

we're all hopeful to see the unlocker...but I think we'll see a D*CK!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
Do not misinterpret censorship with site maintenance to ensure that everyone's browsing experience is as positive as possible.

The request was made by the OP (numerous times) to keep this thread on topic. Off topic posts have been deleted (which is done to maintain the integrity of this thread).

If you're looking to place blame on anyone then blame the members here who are finding it a challenge to stay on topic and to post constructive comments. Do not blame the staff for being forced to put out numerous grease fires.

And remember, that 99% of everyone's complaining and whining will be old news and everyone will be seeing rainbows and unicorns once the unlocker is released.

late,
Coz

p.s., I posted this in the another TP2 Unlocker Thread:

Let me jump in here....in a conveinent list format:

1. I'm glad you brought this up....especially since you're a long time member.

2. The staff have not lost sight at all about the charter and direction of our site...in fact we are trying to contain the wildfire that is this topic/discussion. I'm not going to bore you with the details of site management....but know that it can be very consuming.

3. One of the toughest things to do is to maintain a site for EVERYONE. Someone will always feel left out or slighted. It is never our intent to do that purposefully, it just happens. When it does and when it's brought to our attention we try to correct it.

4. We closed A LOT of duplicate threads and merged a lot of duplicate threads. That is just a normal occurrence and part of the housekeeping process. We do this for you all in an effort to keep this place neat and orderly.

5. If you're ever disappointed or confused by staff decisions I do encourage you to pm any of us.

6. The staff and probably 99% of the members and visitors are also tired of the bickering. We get reports all day about the antics of a small minority of people and are forced to deal with them.

7. The release of the unlocker has never been labeled a "black sheep". The staff are trying to ensure that its release and the members efforting its release are afforded respect and consideration....as we do with all members.

8. PPCGeeks is probably the fastest growing PPC site on the internet. We are in negotiations with carriers, manufacturers, and software developers...as such we will always strive to present our best image and most professional image (see #3 above) as there are huge benefits to gaining these relationships.

9. The staff can only do so much...we are constantly involved in a triage effort to determine which issues we may have to deal with. Trust me, there is a lot on this site that we don't see...and generally the only time you (the members) see us is when a dumpster fire like this erupts.

10. To everyone, please do not hesitate to contact us with any concerns, suggestions, gripes, etc. Believe it or not the majority of the changes that are made to this site come from your suggestions and complaints....so please keep our inboxes full.

late,
Coz __________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
You (and everyone) are indeed part of this community...and as part of this community we expect y'all to act like adults and to be considerate and respectful. I don't think that's too much to ask...is it?

late,
Coz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
i would love to have the hspl just like everyone else(i really dont need the sim unlock) but everyone got to remeber they dont owe us sh!t(elite team)!! They have paid there dues!!! they have made a hspl for every device i have owned (except the 6800 thanks to no2chem)!! So please stop cryin and find something else to do in the mean time !!
Agreed but also have some input of my own. I've held my tongue long enough on this one...Call your carier and demand your phone be unlocked for flashing and see how far you get!!! Furthermore, find the fine print, bold print, or hidden clause in your carrier contract that states because you purchased this phone you are entitled to an unlocker. To me, it is amazing the Elite Team is still pushing foward to provide "FREE" software to the general public. Quite honestly, if you can't use the phone as is (and it is 100% better out of the box than the TP1) and wait patiently without being a jerk, then return the phone for the/a previous model.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313

What?

Old 10-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfin2003 View Post
we're all hopeful to see the unlocker...but I think we'll see a D*CK!
What?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro; Treo Pro; Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ra1254 is a n00b

has any one tried this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=550131
Old 10-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

bostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra1254 View Post

GSM only

Used to be so good.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

Quote:

Direct quote from that post and right near the top: "0) this package is for Rhodium (Touch Pro 2, not the original Touch Pro) devices. CDMA-GSM worldphone version is not accepted (RHOD400, RHOD500 modelids), that will have its own Hard-SPL later. this Hard-SPL supports WM6.5."
Old 10-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

evolv is just getting started

Quote:
as far as I know, that is for the GSM phones and not for the CDMA phones
Closed Thread