PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Should the SIM unlocker be free for one phone private use ?
Definitely 132 58.15%
yes but only to Elite Team donators 49 21.59%
No, you should have to pay for the unlocker 46 20.26%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 06:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unlocker finally releasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
1. placeholder because I'd like to do a less public testing first and seems all americans are asleep now :P
2. some answers:
- license: you will just have to run the program on the PC with phone connected, normally you will not notice anything about the licensing.
- sim unlocker: 10.5GBP for those who didn't contribute in the community (by donation or by other help such as hacks, tweaks, roms, etc)
and no, the sim unlocker will not be posted in this thread, it'll be hosted elsewhere
- sprint US networks: it needs more than sim unlock but we already solved it in theory, implementation is in progress

stay tuned... please don't post crap here, mods will clear it anyway

edit: PLEASE DO NOT PM ME FOR TESTING, as I'll be away for a few hours
ATTENTION: This is strictly a poll to gauge how the entire TP2 community feels about the SIM Unlocker coming out from Elite Team. PLEASE DO NOT POST INFLAMMATORY COMMENTS OR DERAIL THIS. This is a poll which allows users to "voice" their opinion without all the whining and controversy associated with all the other multiple threads that have been shut down, etc. Please give your opinion with a vote in the poll. The question is Do you think that that people should be able to download ONE free SIM Unlocker for use on that one phone ? (could still be licensed /registered to avoid bulk usage)

I do not want to get banned nor do i want to incite a riot, I am glad the HSPL is finally going to get released. I am wondering what changed ?? Earlier posts said the HSPL unlocker would be normal, free and available to use as many times as needed on a phone, which is cool. But I thought I also read that it had already been tested and was just waiting on licensing servers , but I see it looks as if it is undergoing more testing. And I thought the SIM unlocker was going to be free for one use but that it was the bulk users that were going to be charged.(see EDIT) I guess I WAS WRONG I am not trying to derail anyone's hard work, but i am trying to get a pulse on everyone's feelings about this considering all the turmoil that has been going on about the much anticipated release.

EDIT: I agree that Cmonex has been consistent and acknowledge that the posts from her have said "SIM unlocker: not free except for contributing members which doesn't mean financial contribution (though that's fine too)." I believe I saw someones post who may have misquoted her saying that there was a plan to give one SIM unlock for free, and require payment from mass SIM unlockers, so I want to make sure this correction edit is here.I understand the Sim Unlocker will not be "free" according to posts given from the horse's mouth. There has been much heresay on this issue. This poll just wants to see how the majority feels. I think some people do care what Joe Blow, Mary Blow, and Joe Schmoe actually think. Again, this is not meant to be inflammatory but I thought a poll would be easier way to gauge the community's feeling without having to have another controversial thread talking about complaining , etc. Please do not direct inflammatory comments or complain or try to pass judgement, just take the poll , that is good enough. Just trying to get an impartial survey on what the TP2 community thinks.

Last edited by lefty11; 10-29-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hero / Treo 700wx >> Pre / Vogue >> TP2

isleepy1 is a n00b
Re: Unlocker finally releasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty11 View Post
I do not want to get banned nor do i want to incite a riot, I am glad the HSPL is finally going to get released. I am wondering what changed ?? Earlier posts said the HSPL unlocker would be normal, free and available to use as many times as needed on a phone, which is cool. But I thought I also read that it had already been tested and was just waiting on licensing servers . And I thought the SIM unlocker was going to be free for one use but that it was the bulk users that were going to be charged. I guess this changed. Please don't flame me and tell me to be thankful, I am just asking why the change ? I am fairly sure I have been reading the posts correctly on the pending release of these.
Don't know where ya been, but what cmonex said is pretty consistant with what has been said the last 3 days or so, HSPL good for 1 phone, can PM for more. Sim unlocker was going to cost a small amount if you didn't donate. Just a way to somewhat protect her work from people profiting off it. Im sure they're doing private testing to make sure when it's released it isn't going to brick any of our phones. I don't mind them playing this cautiously as these devices are not cheap.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeh, cmonex has been saying this the whole time through.

So do they sell US pre-paid sim cards that we can use from at&t or another gsm carrier or, do you need to have an account with another carrier in order to take advantage of this????

Last edited by eman; 10-29-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:31 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

my sim is unlocked and im on sprint, unlocked by sprint, theres ways. lol
Old 10-29-2009, 08:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
my sim is unlocked and im on sprint, unlocked by sprint, theres ways. lol
Unlocked for US carriers? That is the first I heard of this.......
Old 10-29-2009, 08:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint 4G EVO

BLawicki is keeping up the good workBLawicki is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Unlocked for US carriers? That is the first I heard of this.......

If there is a will there is a way
Old 10-29-2009, 08:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

ok.....
Old 10-29-2009, 09:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

delfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good work

Cmonex said: "- sprint US networks: it needs more than sim unlock but we already solved it in theory, implementation is in progress"

I don't get it, I don't care about the sim unlock on my sprint, I want just HSPL. But she says that since I'm on sprint I need to have a sim unlocked anyway? why? or did I misunderstand?
Old 10-29-2009, 09:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TNTRMSKD is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I'm on a diff boat than most. I couldn't care less about hspl. I'm very satified with my stock rom and probably won't be upgrading until the official htc 6.5 one is released.

I am however very interested in the sim unlock for us carrier use. That's what I've been waiting for and I'd gladly pay the 20-30 bux.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

citats is keeping up the good workcitats is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty11 View Post
I do not want to get banned nor do i want to incite a riot, I am glad the HSPL is finally going to get released. I am wondering what changed ?? Earlier posts said the HSPL unlocker would be normal, free and available to use as many times as needed on a phone, which is cool. But I thought I also read that it had already been tested and was just waiting on licensing servers , but I see it looks as if it is undergoing more testing. And I thought the SIM unlocker was going to be free for one use but that it was the bulk users that were going to be charged. I guess this changed. Please don't flame me and tell me to be thankful, I am just asking why the change ? I am fairly sure I have been reading the posts correctly on the pending release of these.I am not tring to derail anyone's hard work, but i am trying to get a pulse on everyone's feelings about this considering all the turmoil that has been going on about the much anticipated release.
How much of this came from the horses mouth? How much was here say in the community?
There's your answer... and you shouldn't expect anything for free but obviously by the poll above many do... leaches.

If your going to say that cmonex or olipro made statements provide links.

Last edited by citats; 10-29-2009 at 09:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2