PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Got a refurb >:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulanowski View Post
Matt,

First batches of any product are always prone to issue's. You're making the assumption that I'm the issue when you haven't been the one experiencing the problems with any of these phones. What gives you the authority to make that decision? None so far as I can see. So by your reasoning I should just suck it up because Verizon was nice enough to give me three defective phones? Clearly you're using flawed logic.

8no,

The tech support rep I just spoke with checked the history of the serial number and saw it was never activated, which is good I suppose. However, it is still a refurb and for whatever reason the person who had it before sent it back, which makes me wonder.

So, what were your issues with the phones?
Old 10-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulanowski View Post
Matt,

First batches of any product are always prone to issue's. You're making the assumption that I'm the issue when you haven't been the one experiencing the problems with any of these phones. What gives you the authority to make that decision? None so far as I can see. So by your reasoning I should just suck it up because Verizon was nice enough to give me three defective phones? Clearly you're using flawed logic.
It's all relative. There's little things, like not being able to end a call via bluetooth headset or my car, that I see as issues that OTHERS might see as defects. But I'm sure if I sent mine back right now, the next one would have the same issue. You can call it a defect, but what happens when its a predictable one? So I believe that you were searching for that perfect device, and just we're satisfied yet.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RHOD500
Carrier: VZW

vzwdts is keeping up the good workvzwdts is keeping up the good work

I'm relatively sure that VZW does not have any truly refurbished "Certified Like New Replacements" in the warehouse now. When a device first launches, they'll set aside so many to use for replacement devices. I'm willing to guarantee you got a brand new phone. I wouldn't fret.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

A working refurb > non-working new phones. In others words who cares. Impressive that they already have refurbished ones available though.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
It's all relative. There's little things, like not being able to end a call via bluetooth headset or my car, that I see as issues that OTHERS might see as defects. But I'm sure if I sent mine back right now, the next one would have the same issue. You can call it a defect, but what happens when its a predictable one? So I believe that you were searching for that perfect device, and just we're satisfied yet.
A screen full of dead pixels, a non working keyboard, a GREEN screen. That was my TP1 experience. On the 4th I called and reamed them until I didnt have to pay my $174 monthly bill for two months AND received a perfect phone. When you pay for something you should receive it in ADVERTISED condition. If it takes them 10 tries then that is on them not you.

Phone

Sprint
PPC-6600

Verizon
Samsumg i760
HTC VX6800 - Mogul
HTC VX6850 - Touch Pro
HTC VX6875 - Touch Pro 2

Feathered Access -
Free Live Mobile Television On The Go!
http://featheredaccess.com
Old 10-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well damn, I want my money back from BurgerQueen and MCD none of their food looks like it does on the pictures, same as the pizza places, J/K
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
Well damn, I want my money back from BurgerQueen and MCD none of their food looks like it does on the pictures, same as the pizza places, J/K
Lol, Im the kind of **** who used to do that in my teens. If it was missing stuff I wanted it made again. Took me a while to realize that for minimum wage, youre lucky if they remember the meat. I wonder how much "special sauce" went on my burgers back then...
Old 10-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Threadstarter

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
So, what were your issues with the phones?
1st - Crackle in the earpiece, frequent dropped calls, extremely poor battery performance

2nd - 10-15 stuck pixels all over the screen

3rd - Frequent dropped calls, every other call either I cannot hear the caller, the caller cannot hear me or both

In my opinion and the experience I've had with each of these phones, these were not small problems. The 1st and 3rd phone had problems that literally rendered the very essence of the phone unusable, i.e. being able to make/receive calls. The 2nd had stuck pixels all over the screen, clearly visible regardless of what the background was.

I realize that it's rare that someone has three/four new TP2's with so many issue's in such a short time, but damn, do you think I enjoy doing this, sending phones back and forth. I probably know more about Verizon's return policy at this point than the CS reps do. I regonize that due to the complex nature of our phones that something is prone to breaking/being defective than a basic dumbphone, but I shouldn't be receiving phone's with severe defects like this. I know that most of you have had great luck with this phone, but honestly this has ruined my excitement for getting the TP2, I haven't really been able to enjoy it. If the Omnia II had any half-@ss foreseeable release I'd probably just send back both TP2's and use my old E815.

Last edited by Gulanowski; 10-01-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Pro 2

noob007 is a n00b

I would be dissapointed if I was given a refurb. Specially if I am on the 30 day return policy.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
To my knowledge it truly reflects the status of the device. At least that was the case when I was with Sprint and received replacement Touch Pro's.

You could be right though. I just checked my life timers, and they definitely reflect the time since my last hard reset, which was yesterday. So those values mean nothing.

The only issue I have with my replacement is that the double tap zooming feature in Opera is wonkey. It's like the screen isn't calculating my presses correctly. So check that out and make sure it's okay. If the device seems otherwise perfect, it might be less of a gamble to keep what you have then try for another TP2 that could have any number of issues. In this case, having a "refurb" might be to your advantage.
I thought the customer was always right? lol I feel ur pain, Im on my 7th Touch Pro from Sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2