Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got a refurb >:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Have you checked the refurb status of the device? Someone else here got a phone that appeared to be a refurb based on packaging, but when checking the refurb hardware status, it was still set at no, meaning a new unit.
It has all the tape on it which makes it appear new, but lacks a battery (has a door though). She checked and said it is indeed a refurb. Why chance it though, I want a new TP2 not a problematic one. Who knows, could have been one of the one's I sent back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldersoul View Post
Seriously? Call and scream. They have a worry free guarantee for 30 days that says you can get as many NEW god damn phones as you want and after that, manufacturer defects = NEW PHONE. Period. Make sure they note your account for a new phone when they come in. It really shouldnt be an issue if you talk to a manager. Just ask for one before you even speak to the regular folk.
She's checking the warehouses to see if they know when they'll be getting more in. She's supposed to call me back, if she doesn't I'll go straight to tech support as they seem to have higher clearance and handle things quicker and more efficiently. I heard last time from tech support that it could be as late as end of November which is what the tech support rep heard while asking around, of course I take that with a grain of salt considering how off the mark these Verizon people are half the time. But damn, if he was right, how could Verizon market a phone when they don't have stock for weeks or months?