PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

thunder33cat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Zagg Invisible Shield...sucks?

I have the full body Zagg. Applied it two nights ago (liberal application solution, etc.) and thus far it actually exceeds my expectations. Smooth, clean and - counter to what some others have said - I don't find it to offer much resistance/sticking when using my finger or stylus for screen navigation.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ppc_dude is a n00b

I'm happy I requested my money back, they didn't give me a hard time, and actually tried to help me out, even offering to send another one. I still have the cheap one from WalMart installed (you have to size/cut it yourself), but it's as smooth as glass, and while the protector does have scratches, it works great. I'll probably replace it every 3-4 months or so.

It's just a phone, you can't keep it in perfect shape.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:14 AM
j_j
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

j_j is keeping up the good workj_j is keeping up the good work

I never liked how tacky it was on my screen, but it made the rest of my phone super grippable.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:24 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Check in your local mall and see if they have a stand there. There's one here in Phoenix at PV Mall. I order my stuff online and take it into them. They apply it perfectly and it lasts forever. My iPod touch full body looks amazing compared to what it would if I applied it.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Little Abner is a n00b

I had mine installed, it is SWEET!!! Have it on my TP2 and wife's TP ... completely satisfied. ... TP has a better fit though...
Old 10-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpistol View Post
I ordered this front/back "shield" for my TP2 before I even had the phone. I picked up the phone last night and applied it exactly as instructed. Now it looks like ***. There are alot of air bubbles that I can't get out. Has anyone else had this problem? Do they all eventually work their way out in 2-3 days as the instructions claim?

You did not apply it correctly if you have bubbles.

It's not that easy to apply it correctly, that's the problem.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 10-18-2009, 09:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm content with how the body of the phone is protected. My chick dropped it last night on tile and nothing happened to it lol. I have ordered extra screen protectors only because I do not like how sticky it is.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck

I used to get the zagg before but not anymore, its so tacky and after awhile you get the yellowish color which make the phone look ugly, I suggest bodyguardz is the best and you get 2 in one pack, I bought it for $17.00 with the discount. when you apply it dont use the solution they give you, empty it and fill it with water and 1 or 2 drops of dishwasher soap, shake it and you're good to go, dont apply it on the screen, only in the protector, spray plenty of it, shake it and apply it. you will be able to move it around as much as u like till you get it to the right place, gently remove any excess water inside and leave it set for like 5 min dont even try to remove any bubbles because there will be no bubbles with this method, then move to the next one. In a couple of days you will have a spanking shiny screen like nothing on it.
I brought my touch pro to sprint for replacement and the rep was very impressed in how the protector is applied in front, back and sides, you wont even tell.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was a former Zagg customer. I used zagg on 3 previous phones. It does turn yellow after couple months and it does have a tacky feel. I didn't mind the tacky feel. I tried phantom skin on my tp2 and it is far better than zagg. No tacky feel and no corners peeling up turning yellow.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

funny how everyone is having this yellowing on their ZAGG. I have used Zagg on my instinct(s), Mogul, Touch Pro, custom fitted ZAGG on my wife's Samsung Rant. NONE of them yellowed on me.

I do concur that over time the ZAGG Invisibleshield gets tacky and it actually picks up dust...but it does what it claims...so I'm satisfied.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2