PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mrpistol is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Zagg Invisible Shield...sucks?

I ordered this front/back "shield" for my TP2 before I even had the phone. I picked up the phone last night and applied it exactly as instructed. Now it looks like ***. There are alot of air bubbles that I can't get out. Has anyone else had this problem? Do they all eventually work their way out in 2-3 days as the instructions claim?
Old 09-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Re: Zagg Invisible Shield...sucks?

they're supposed to air out within a day... if not, that means you did a poor job applying it. if done correctly, you won't have any air bubbles. it's kinda hard to put on in my opinion. they have zagg stations in malls if you want one of their employees to do it for you...

i personally don't like these protectors because they don't fit right for the tp/tp2... a couple weeks and the smaller pieces and corners start to peel because of the curvature of the device. maybe they changed the design tho? before they had these dumb flaps at each corner.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpistol View Post
I ordered this front/back "shield" for my TP2 before I even had the phone. I picked up the phone last night and applied it exactly as instructed. Now it looks like ***. There are alot of air bubbles that I can't get out. Has anyone else had this problem? Do they all eventually work their way out in 2-3 days as the instructions claim?
yes thats how its suppose to be, if you completely tried pushing them out, then your good because thats just wet spots from the applicant you use, which dries out like said within 2-3 days, if not try using a air dryer to dry it out, but dont hold it to long next to your screen.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

Not bashing here, but with a big ole flat screen like the TP2, you shouldn't have any bubbles at all when done. Spray plenty of water, I mean solution, and you will be good to go. Honestly can't say if the bubbles will be gone in a few days, I haven't had any that bad!
Old 09-28-2009, 12:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

mrpistol is a n00b

ya, i probably applied too much solution. i'm sure there aren't any Zagg stations around these parts....i may try to find a hair dryer or some ****.
or i'll just pull them off and go without protection...wouldn't be the first time..hehe
Old 09-28-2009, 02:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I wish we could figure out if there is really a good one out there.I really want a full body but everyone has something against each of them.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sfetaz is just getting started

After applying a screen protector and letting it sit for 2 hours, would it be beneficial and speedier to let your phone sit in rice for 12 hours to get out the wet spots underneith the protector faster? I have gone through many screen protectors so far with my TP2 because I can't stand the screen being anything but crystal clear.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

i don't think u can put too much solution... i used bodyguardz before, which is basically the same thing but a lot cheaper... still has solution and the strong material that they say is from helicopter blades.

anyway, in the instructions, it says not to be shy with the solution and that u can never apply too much. i applied a lot and didnt have bubbles after a day. it helps with fitting it on easily because it glides of the screen easier when applying.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
I wish we could figure out if there is really a good one out there.I really want a full body but everyone has something against each of them.
I love the Ghost Armor I have on mine. You can't even tell there is anything on the screen.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Eris / TP2

jwoolz48 is becoming a great contributor

I just received mine in the mail. Hopefully mine goes on well... I have never tried Zagg before.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2