PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 09:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ntl555 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Zagg Invisible Shield...sucks?

I put on the invisible shield and honestly, attempted to follow their instructions... I have a crap load of bubbles with their solution they gave me and I still cant get them out. The instructions said to lightly spray, but the minute I put it on the screen, I couldnt even slide it around. Its still there after 4 days.

I then had another TP2 shield on my girlfriends phone and followed the screen protector sticky on the forum... I had by far better results.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

savage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuff

a zagg shield is one of the best $25 i have ever spent
when puting these on you must take your TIME.if it has bubbles in it take it back off withen 5mins and try agian. make sure you have clean room like area, not on a sheet or floor. kitchen table freshly wiped down. stat applying from bottom to top and take TIME, it should not take you less than 15 mins. when applied right it will not peel or have bubbles. i had one on my diamond for 8 months without a peel or scratch. pic was taken two weeks ago when i sold it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPNX0017.JPG (83.0 KB, 211 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by savage25rcracer; 09-28-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:34 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage25rcracer View Post
when puting these on you must take your TIME.if it has bubbles in it take it back off withen 5mins and try agian. make sure you have clean room like area, not on a sheet or floor. kitchen table freshly wiped down. star applying from bottom to top and take TIME, it should not take you less than 15 mins. when applied right it will not peel or have bubbles. i had one on my diamond for 8 months without a peel or scratch.
That's the truth! I had the Zagg with no bubbles or peels for a year. I put the Zagg on my TP2 ... it took twice, but you can't tell I have a screen protector on now. You just have to take your time and not be scared to pull it up and try again.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 09-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage25rcracer View Post
when puting these on you must take your TIME.if it has bubbles in it take it back off withen 5mins and try agian. make sure you have clean room like area, not on a sheet or floor. kitchen table freshly wiped down. stat applying from bottom to top and take TIME, it should not take you less than 15 mins. when applied right it will not peel or have bubbles. i had one on my diamond for 8 months without a peel or scratch. pic was taken two weeks ago when i sold it
looks like u have some sort of casing around the edges tho. those areas do peel and that is a problem for people who want full body. it works great for the back and front panels on the diamond, but that's completely different than how it works on the tp1 and probably for the tp2. why? because the diamond has flat corners and no slideout keyboard. the tp1 and tp2 have rounded corners. not sure how it is for tp2 kits, but for tp1 they cut slits for the corners on the back, making them flaps, and they would start peeling after a couple weeks due to regular use. i ended up pulling the back off because of that. the side started peeling on both my tp1 and diamond.. worse on my tp because it has thinner pieces due to the keyboard. unless they fixed the flap method of applying the protector to the back, id just get the screen part...
Old 09-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: cricket

gundamstrike315 is a n00b

dude, i have one on my tp and it was the best investment i could have made. i cant stand big bulky cases but im also a perfectionist so i hate scratches on my equipment. this was the perfect solution for me. you must not have applied it right cuz mine is almost flawless. i find that you should spray the "solution" librally. its really just water so if u run out just fill it up with water. there was a few bubbles under mine on the screen but after about a week they were gone. and as far as scratches go, i have yet to be able to scratch the skin in any way that could be equated to "daily" use. i literally took keys to my phone and its still unscratched! so all in all i think this is the best thing you could possibly get for your phone. as for peeling, i have yet to experience that. ive had the invisable shield on my tp for 2 months now and its still the same as when i put it on

Last edited by gundamstrike315; 09-28-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G
Carrier: sprint

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I do have peeling on the sides of my TP1 and the flaps on the curves on the sides screen is good tho. When I get my TP2 I will only do the screen.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VzW

mayoko185 is just getting started

I just installed (applied?) an invisible shield on my tp2 (ordered it right after they rlsd the vzw version). I spent a good 30 min trying to put it on and took me 4 tries before I was happy with it. In the end though I have NO air bubbles and I cant even tell its on unless I look for it. My only advice I can give on how to put it on is not to just slap it on there and then start squeegeeing, you need to pick a end of the phone (I used the bottom with the 4 bottons) and put the end of the shield down and slowly lay it down while useing the squeegee to push the air bubbles out.

edit: Also I found it helpful to keep my finger tips wet from the spray at all times so the shield would not stick to my fingers.

Last edited by mayoko185; 09-28-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

mrpistol is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayoko185 View Post
I just installed (applied?) an invisible shield on my tp2 (ordered it right after they rlsd the vzw version). I spent a good 30 min trying to put it on and took me 4 tries before I was happy with it. In the end though I have NO air bubbles and I cant even tell its on unless I look for it. My only advice I can give on how to put it on is not to just slap it on there and then start squeegeeing, you need to pick a end of the phone (I used the bottom with the 4 bottons) and put the end of the shield down and slowly lay it down while useing the squeegee to push the air bubbles out.

edit: Also I found it helpful to keep my finger tips wet from the spray at all times so the shield would not stick to my fingers.
this is probably the best advice....because in honesty, i did slap it on there and start squeegeeing...and it looked horrible for a couple days.
i just removed them all. i'm paying 7 bucks a month for total equipment protection, if it gets too messed up...i'll put in for another.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

ssteven365 is becoming a great contributor

Once the invisible shield is on and dried can it be taken off and reapplied?
Old 09-28-2009, 10:18 PM
b194331

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssteven365 View Post
Once the invisible shield is on and dried can it be taken off and reapplied?
No, not normally. Especially with screen protectors with flaps (or in Zagg's case, it might be okay since the one that covers the screen doesn't cover the sides).

A replacement is $5 IIRC. PhantomSkinz comes with 2
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2