PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 10:30 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to yearn
Re: Zagg Invisible Shield...sucks?

I know Zagg and Bestskinsever offer unbeatable protection, and I like them on the back and sides of my device.

BUT... Iv yet to find a "Rubbery" screen protector that dosent diminish the look of the screen, they all have kind of an "orange peel" look to them, even when installed perfectly. Not to mention the slightly "sticky" feel of them drives me nuts.
The hard plastic screen protectors "Look" the best but they scratch quickly and start looking bad.
So its kind of a toss up for me, look good but replace often, OR, look not as good and never have to replace.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 09-29-2009, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2, XV6900, XV6700

Speed_419 is just getting started

I have the Zagg on my TP2. Only did the screen, didn't really feel the whole phone was needed. I love it on the screen. Definitely agree that you need to take your time and use the solution liberally. Now that I have had the screen for little over a week, I am thinking that I kind of wish I would have done the whole phone. The Zagg gets a +1 in my book.
Speed...

Currently Running
Mighty ROM SE
Old 09-29-2009, 04:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

anyone get zagg or similar product for the SPRINT tp2 yet? If so, did they use flaps to cover the curved corners of the back? like are there slits so u can fold them evenly next to eachother or did they figure out how ti keep it together like it is for the iphone.

some high resolution pics would be nice, if anyone has the time
Old 09-29-2009, 08:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

telsea is just getting started

There is another zagg thread in the tp2 forum with pics on last couple of pages. I think it's the zagg backordered thread.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

hondaman99 is a n00b

Here is the pics I posted under the other thread...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=28
Old 09-29-2009, 08:48 AM
N00b

ppc_dude is a n00b

I just installed mine last night and I absolutely hate it. I followed the instructions to the letter, watched the installation videos, and it looks like crap The $2 screen protection kit I bought from WalMart looked and felt much better than this. Once it touched the LCD, I was not able to move it around, it stuck like superglue, so that only made things worse.

On top of that, it looks like the spray triggered my water damage sticker, eventho the inside never got wet (only thing I can think of is that I put my finger on it when taking it apart to do the back.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I had a couple Zagg kits for my TP's, they work fine on the body but I absolutely hated that product on the screen & would never use it again.

I use the Boxwave or Brando stuff on my screens now, night & day better than the Zagg cr@p.

~John
Old 09-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman99 View Post
Here is the pics I posted under the other thread...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=28
thanks for the pics! but that pic of the back just convinced me not to try it... it's not their fault because sprint put weird holes in the back, but it just doesn't look right back there. the top part looks like it's just a thin piece? that's definitely gonna peel...

thanks again
Old 09-29-2009, 07:42 PM
N00b

ppc_dude is a n00b

I requested my money back, since they have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee (they were very nice about it).
Old 10-16-2009, 02:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kaystyle is just getting started

Just installed my Zagg. I agree with everyone who says to apply the solution liberally. The adhesive is sticky icky icky. I applied the screen protector first, with several bubbles which seem to be evening out nicely. The back piece was actually easier to apply than the front. I sprayed a bunch of solution on the protector, and even lightly misted the back of the phone. The moisture sensor was covered during this process.

I am disappointed in the sticky texture of the screen protector. It makes dragging my finger across the screen very difficult. I also noticed that more pressure is required when operating the touch screen.

Overall, very pleased with the back piece. I might be replacing the screen protector soon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2