PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 06:50 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprints matches Big reds TP2 price!

Has anyone had any experience that is currently 1 year into their contract ($75 credit) with a good deal on the TP2? I called retentions, support and tried e-care without any positive experiences to report.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G
Carrier: sprint

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The price match is real I got it plus 70 dollars for something right up front.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kpeng2 is just getting started

I just got off phone with retention. They billed me $449+tax for the phone, then credit me $75. The rep promise me that his supervisor will credit me another $75 tonight to make it $150 total. Plus $100 rebate and $70 renewal credit, my net cost will be 449-150-100-70+tax = 170. Not too great, but I am ok with it. Plan to sell my HTC Touch on ebay after I got the TP2 for another 100. I think I won't bug Sprint for another 2 years. :P
Old 09-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPRO2

kohlio18 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
i asked about this, it didnt make much sense to me to return the phone i already have only to get a new one.... the guy said they cant discount the phones that where purchased at the full price. since they paid full price for them... maybe they cut a deal with HTC.. who knows and dont care ( but we know that statement is not completely true since some people have been given credit)

i think it has more to do with his dept getting the sales but as long as i get the $199 price im happy.. it doesnt take but a day or two to get the new tp2 and im good to go

or you could just wait till the 1st if you will still be with in the 30 days and return and get the new price.... the guy took off the $ 30 restocking fee and made a note in my file so when i call back im good to go.

he said they all got an email about this so everyone at Sprint knows about it.

Full Price will not change. Price with contract, after rebates is changing.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I already have Sprint bending over backwards for me... It's not my fault, they just messed up a few times. I have someone personally handling my case - they cancelled my contract because it was resigned without authorization, they're reinstating my upgrade credits even though they claim I used them less than a year ago, and now this. I really need to have them push it through though. I just don't want to push them so hard that they snap and drop me!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:27 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Threadstarter

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohlio18 View Post
Full Price will not change. Price with contract, after rebates is changing.
correct... if that wasnt clear in any of my post then im sorry

Old 09-29-2009, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

transcend73 is keeping up the good worktranscend73 is keeping up the good work

I contacted Sprint via the online chat and spoke with a guy who told me that I would have to contact my point of sale to receive the credit. Since my original point of sale was Sprint's Internet site that would be Telesales. He said, ""If you ordered the phone online, the point of contact would be Telesales at (**********) **********-**********. They will be happy to give you the credit for the price difference."

I proceeded to contact telesales and the lady told me she would have to "check with a supervisor." She then came back and said that they do not price match with any competitors. I then told her that my only remaining option was to return my phone, pay the $75 early termination fee, and sign up with Verizon and still be ahead of the game. She then transferred me to retentions, which is who I'm on hold with now. More to come...
Old 09-29-2009, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

transcend73 is keeping up the good worktranscend73 is keeping up the good work

WOW. 10 minutes of hold music and the retentions rep came back to me and told me that he's posting a credit of $150 to my account. He said it will show up in 72 hours and that I'll receive an email confirmation.

If I really do receive the credit then this will be awesome and Sprint will deserve a recommendation from me.

The question is, why is there so much disparity with the experiences of people in this thread. I had to call twice today before achieving success. Many of us are having to call back again and again before they finally agree to grant the price match. Some are unfortunate enough to be turned down on every attempt. If Sprint is able to sell the phone at $199.99 and still make a profit then WTF? Why make your loyal customers jump through hoops?
Old 09-29-2009, 09:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

zachavm is just getting started

It just made engadget. This lends some more credibility to this rumor.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/0...on-touch-pro2/
Old 09-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX

mobilevader is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachavm View Post
It just made engadget. This lends some more credibility to this rumor.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/0...on-touch-pro2/
Unfortunately, they do nothing more than quote this thread. Blogs do not research news... they help spread rumors... not that this particular rumor is not true. Glad engadget states it is a rumor...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2