PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 03:39 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So, Sprint Rep Says TP2 is NOT a Smartphone!

Thanks(d) for the info timewaster! That's real hope. How much did you get them for may I ask? Now let's see what your next months bill is ! :>))
Old 07-24-2011, 05:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeputyStankus View Post
Yeah, having Android on there is lots of fun. It still loops through the bootup animation several times, which I don't understand, but everything else is good so far.

As for the TP2...yikes! I just spent over $100 on one, so I'll be pretty mad if I can't activate it.

Out of curiosity, did you actually buy one and use the website to activate it, or did you just call and ask? Some of the posts I've seen say that the website will still let you activate it with no trouble.

Fingers crossed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
For sure try the web 1st!!
I wasn't trying to activate one on the phone, was just having a VERY long discussion re. the upgrade path (or lack there of) of a tp2...
Quote:
Thanks(d) for the info timewaster! That's real hope. How much did you get them for may I ask? Now let's see what your next months bill is ! :>))
I picked up a used TP2 last month from Justn76 here at ppcg and got it activated for my son on my "non data" everything messaging plan without issues. I have a $5 data add on for mine, and when I activated my sons I was told he didn't need it. No change in plan price, no "extra" charges, no nothing. Hopefully you have the same experience. I asked a corporate store if I could do it and they assured me I could, so I picked it up and they were right. Even the CSR's on the phone were helpful. I had to laugh at the corporate store, they got me a BNIB TP2 replacing mine, since I had no issue for 21 months of owning the phone (bought BNIB 09/09 and the KB started acting up in 06/11) and the refurb they got me wouldn't wake up when it went to sleep and I pissed a moaned and they got me a brand new one. They tried to talk me into upgrading and changing my plan but I said no, just give me the TP2, and as soon as it was activated in store, tossed in my sd card, booted android, and told them no upgrade was needed lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

DeputyStankus is just getting started

Yeah, I activated my TP2 last night with no troubles. Quite a relief!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

timewaster is just getting started

Quote:
i bought it brand new for $140
Old 07-29-2011, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

hceuterpe is becoming a great contributor

I actually would have to partially agree with the rep, WM6.5 is sorta garbage now in the grand scheme of things.

A beta, in the works version of Android that runs on an SD card is still better than a stock official stable (though dead) version of WM6.5
Old 08-03-2011, 12:33 AM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Poor rep doesnt have much knowledge whenit comes to phones even though she deals with them every day she has to follow a script while she has a iphone in her pocket

Old 08-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hceuterpe View Post
I actually would have to partially agree with the rep, WM6.5 is sorta garbage now in the grand scheme of things.

A beta, in the works version of Android that runs on an SD card is still better than a stock official stable (though dead) version of WM6.5
gotta know how to work it. once u do that u'll find that it can be very stable
Old 08-03-2011, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tocuh Pro2

jae18708 is keeping up the good workjae18708 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jae18708 Send a message via Yahoo to jae18708
You should've asked how much your deductible is. "Well if this isn't a smartphone why is my deductible 100 instead of 50?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hceuterpe View Post

Well you are idiot.. no matter your opinion of it now.. it was a smartphone/pocketpc os, and still is

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited by jae18708; 08-03-2011 at 05:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

kwatcha is becoming a great contributor

Still use my TP2 which is still in new like condition with wimospeed overclocked (74 and very happy with my TP2. Still love it baby!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep
If you wanna blast back a couple years "technically" the tp2 is a PocketPC, not a smartphone. So in a dumb way the rep was right.. a Smartphone was any wm phone that didn't have a touch screen...

Sent from my SPH-D700 on the PPCGeeks App

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2