PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So, Sprint Rep Says TP2 is NOT a Smartphone!

OK, so I got a used EVO the other day and decided to activate it via the sprint website - knowing that it probably wouldn't work..which it didn't. I'm on the Family talk 700 with the unlimited data pack addon.

I called sprint and asked why not and was told that I couldn't do it with my current plan and had to upgrade to a plan that was designed for a smartphone.

I told her that I have a Touchpro 2 and it is a smartphone so I should be able to. Se responded with "Sir, the Touchpro 2 is not a smartphone". Of course, I told her that it most certainly was and that it was listed on their website as well as HTC's anf hundreds of others as such but she told me that "The Android phones were considered smartphones."

So, of course I asked then if I got a WM7 phone, could I continue on my same plan and she responded with "No, they are smartphones too."

So, now I'm confused (joking) only androids are smartphones... no wait, WM7 is too, but wait, WM6.5 makes it a smartphone only on certain phones...

Anyway, I tried to plead my case unsuccessfully and knew that she was more than likely going from a script, so I'll just call back later and try my luck with retentions and gripe a whole bunch.

Just had to rant a bit...

David
Old 07-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: So, Sprint Rep Says TP2 is NOT a Smartphone!

should have ask her what 'dumb' phone she is using....hahaha.

Have run into this with Verizon and AT&T as well.
Was looking at WP7 choices and both were telling me that Windows mobile was not on smartphones.......(mine being a TP2 with WM6.5.3).

So I played it up and asked what was a smartphone?
and the answer.....
you guessed it, Android.....

So the Verizon instore rep was confused when I showed him my TP2 running Android.

He still wouldn't say that the TP2 was/is a smartphone.

Just thought it was funny......

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 07-18-2011, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

haramzee is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
So the Verizon instore rep was confused when I showed him my TP2 running Android.
Now THAT is funny!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I can't stand the ineptitude of these reps. not just from this but from my data issues as well, one rep told me that there were no issues with the tower that serves my zip code AT ALL. well there had to have been some explanation as to why my 3G speeds were at dialup and EDGE levels between the hours of 12pm and 1am in my zip code. it certainly wasn't my phone. I also hate when they say they'll call back and never do so, so I actually do NOT KNOW the progress of the repairs of my tower in this area but I know that they are still shit at times but less often than before. how long does it take to fix a tower and how hard can it be to notify customers of these issues? only just recently they put "we are improving your network experience" in a newsletter but that was after I blasted them on a local radio station.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
OK, so I got a used EVO the other day and decided to activate it via the sprint website - knowing that it probably wouldn't work..which it didn't. I'm on the Family talk 700 with the unlimited data pack addon.

I called sprint and asked why not and was told that I couldn't do it with my current plan and had to upgrade to a plan that was designed for a smartphone.

I told her that I have a Touchpro 2 and it is a smartphone so I should be able to. Se responded with "Sir, the Touchpro 2 is not a smartphone". Of course, I told her that it most certainly was and that it was listed on their website as well as HTC's anf hundreds of others as such but she told me that "The Android phones were considered smartphones."
Don't blame the rep..its entered into their system like that..if you ask them what a Samsung Instinct is, they will say smartphone...even though its running same OS as the dumb phones...It is not a matter of what it is..but a matter of how its entered into their system.

Quote:
So, of course I asked then if I got a WM7 phone, could I continue on my same plan and she responded with "No, they are smartphones too."

So, now I'm confused (joking) only androids are smartphones... no wait, WM7 is too, but wait, WM6.5 makes it a smartphone only on certain phones...

Anyway, I tried to plead my case unsuccessfully and knew that she was more than likely going from a script, so I'll just call back later and try my luck with retentions and gripe a whole bunch.

Just had to rant a bit...

David
Well using WP7 as a case is iffy..as WP7 is not WM7...its a different OS..just with similar name...But Instinct as a smartphone is a big lol

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-19-2011, 06:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

Merovingian is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The posterior prodding farce that is the Everything Plan is what is at play here. They know quite well that any Sprint phone will work with any plan but put up these artificial plan barriers.
They get away with it because they know that most will just hrrummp and pay, 'cause where else are they going? The alternatives stink anyway price-wise.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2011, 08:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Of course it is a smart phone. They are using "that is not a smart phone" as a ploy to force you to change your data plan to something more $$$$$$$$$$$$.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I get ed every time I go into a Sprint store because while I'm in there I hear all kinds of misinformation from the employees. Usually someone is looking for a new smartphone and the workers tell customers that if they want a great phone for texting the only choice is an Android device because "it's where it's at." They don't even bother to mention a WP7 device like the Arrive.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I get ed every time I go into a Sprint store because while I'm in there I hear all kinds of misinformation from the employees. Usually someone is looking for a new smartphone and the workers tell customers that if they want a great phone for texting the only choice is an Android device because "it's where it's at." They don't even bother to mention a WP7 device like the Arrive.
@horndoctor so sprint is doing that bullshit too? was it a corporate store?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:40 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

@horndoctor so sprint is doing that bullshit too? was it a corporate store?
Well, it is the largest dealer in my city.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2