View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 11:58 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: So, Sprint Rep Says TP2 is NOT a Smartphone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
OK, so I got a used EVO the other day and decided to activate it via the sprint website - knowing that it probably wouldn't work..which it didn't. I'm on the Family talk 700 with the unlimited data pack addon.

I called sprint and asked why not and was told that I couldn't do it with my current plan and had to upgrade to a plan that was designed for a smartphone.

I told her that I have a Touchpro 2 and it is a smartphone so I should be able to. Se responded with "Sir, the Touchpro 2 is not a smartphone". Of course, I told her that it most certainly was and that it was listed on their website as well as HTC's anf hundreds of others as such but she told me that "The Android phones were considered smartphones."
Don't blame the rep..its entered into their system like that..if you ask them what a Samsung Instinct is, they will say smartphone...even though its running same OS as the dumb phones...It is not a matter of what it is..but a matter of how its entered into their system.

Quote:
So, of course I asked then if I got a WM7 phone, could I continue on my same plan and she responded with "No, they are smartphones too."

So, now I'm confused (joking) only androids are smartphones... no wait, WM7 is too, but wait, WM6.5 makes it a smartphone only on certain phones...

Anyway, I tried to plead my case unsuccessfully and knew that she was more than likely going from a script, so I'll just call back later and try my luck with retentions and gripe a whole bunch.

Just had to rant a bit...

David
Well using WP7 as a case is iffy..as WP7 is not WM7...its a different OS..just with similar name...But Instinct as a smartphone is a big lol

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)