PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i believe its time , poor phone ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
no physical keyboard . not for me .

Good point .. well ive mainly been limited to what my phone can do . but ,
listed in order of preference ..
1. calling
2. texting
3. tethering
4. entertainment(youtube music pictures)
5. games

i think id be happy with the shift , i love the metal construction . as far as speed , the one in the sprint store just blazes . and ive never seen a displayed electronic device perform as well as that did . the shift is nice , but feels like i can crush it with my hands .. however the screen is nice .. and its the hard glass too .. ugh decisions decisions -.-
ugh no please no!! looks like we are about to lose another one to the likes of that rusting robot (and I do mean rusting) no lo puedo creer. anyway u seem to have some basic needs andthe arrive kicks ass at meeting them (except for the tethering which will be corrected when mango comes out or if someone exploits nodo. whichever first). mango is going to be huge and due to the built in Facebook chat,windows live and aim. it almost seems as if multitasking is hardly even needed as most usually do with it is text,websurf,listen to music and have an IM app open. I know I did this on my tp2. or u can even just stick with the tp2 and just use the touchscreen keyboard since the f key on the keyboard not working is the only problem ur having with it. I rarely used the keyboard on my tp2 and don't use it on my arrive unless im cooling down my overheating battery which is also a result of my sprint service going bad again because they can't seem to upgrade the capacity.

ps I fixed ur typo.

Last edited by eric12341; 05-17-2011 at 12:03 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:23 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; Nexus S 4G Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
have you tried having sprint give you a new in box rather then a refurb?
sprint isn't doing anymore new tp2's i can't really understand why a buddy of mines told me this the other day :S
That's correct no more tp2 in corp store.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
alright getting my 6th maybe 7th replacement tomorrow within a year . im sick of all these problems ...
Ha! I know how you feel,
my first TP2 was great,
lasting slightly over a year with no screen protector.
then the middle part of the miniUSB bent off.

Second unit was sloppy old feeling and slower, & battery hungry.
I had forgotten I set an app to keep it on 1x to save battery. (link in my sig on battey)
Even with a hard reset AND factory flash, the radio part stayed on 1x!
A simple re-instalation of the app to change the setting woould have fixed it,
but since I 4got, I brought in and got another refurb

Third unit TP2 touch screen stopped working!(digitizer),
because I kept rubbing and buffing to clean my screen protector,
and also the heat/pressure from my pants pocket onto the screen.

When I it brought in, they told me they had 2 replace it anyway,
because of the missing "Send" hard key button, that came off!,
when I used tape to pull screen up as temp fix for the screen.
but tape grabbed button and when I lifted, it came offf!

My currrent forth unit I got lucky as it actually has new keyboard,
hardkey buttons, and sliding mechanizim.
Plus it overclocks fastest than the others at 768Mhz.
Thats the main prob with refurbs,
getting one thats not sloppily put together,
and overclocks higher like the newer production date units.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
have you tried having sprint give you a new in box rather then a refurb?
the only way they can give a new TP2 is through warrenty claim , or if no Refurb's are available . already tried sweet talking them :/
Old 05-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Ha! I know how you feel,
my first TP2 was great,
lasting slightly over a year with no screen protector.
then the middle part of the miniUSB bent off.

Second unit was sloppy old feeling and slower, & battery hungry.
I had forgotten I set an app to keep it on 1x to save battery. (link in my sig on battey)
Even with a hard reset AND factory flash, the radio part stayed on 1x!
A simple re-instalation of the app to change the setting woould have fixed
This also works with the SwitchRoamMode app ^^
Quote:
it,
but since I 4got, I brought in and got another refurb

Third unit TP2 touch screen stopped working!(digitizer),
because I kept rubbing and buffing to clean my screen protector,
and also the heat/pressure from my pants pocket onto the screen.

When I it brought in, they told me they had 2 replace it anyway,
because of the missing "Send" hard key button, that came off!,
when I used tape to pull screen up as temp fix for the screen.
but tape grabbed button and when I lifted, it came offf!

My currrent forth unit I got lucky as it actually has new keyboard,
hardkey buttons, and sliding mechanizim.
Plus it overclocks fastest than the others at 768Mhz.
Thats the main prob with refurbs,
getting one thats not sloppily put together,
and overclocks higher like the newer production date units.
Yeah i think its time to leave the TP2 behind for me .. im just fed up .. i like it . but no phone should have to be replaced 7 times within a year .. -.-
Old 05-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I made it to my 3rd TP2. First one lasted ~300+ talk hours and the 2nd also. My third has 845 hours NOW and still shows no sign of failure so I believe I finally got a good one. First unit's headphone jack failed, 2nd was the GPS chip failing(about killed me) which was super inconvenient for those few days.

I've only retired the TP2 because I got a good deal on the Arrive and I was able to put it on a good carrier. I'm sure glad I went with the Arrive as the phone just WORKS like I would expect it to. I know a lot of people are moving the Android route but I didn't want to because of the fact that you need to constantly tweak those ROMs also to make them worth a damn.

I'm a very heavy phone, calendar, e-mail & text user so I need all of those functions to work well. As I have used Windows Phone 7 I have come to realize that the way it is built is to seriously get you in and out of tasks in a seamless and fluid way so that you can get on to your next item of business. Android & Apple are a rehash of the same ole setup that just doesn't work anymore for me. I'd much rather spend my time USING the phone as a tool instead of spending time installing/tweaking/complaining about it and researching how to fix it. The Arrive has filled those needs thus far. Who knows as maybe I might have this Arrive break in a few months and I'll be pissed at it.

I'd consider spending some real time with a Windows Phone 7 device to really see what it does and what it will provide in the future to make a solid choice. I do realize you have a need to tether and other needs you're used to in your current TP2. I for one wish I had TOM TOM for WP7. Other than that I don't see too much else lacking. Will judge after the Mango update!
Old 05-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
ugh no please no!! looks like we are about to lose another one to the likes of that rusting robot (and I do mean rusting) no lo puedo creer. anyway u seem to have some basic needs andthe arrive kicks ass at meeting them (except for the tethering which will be corrected when mango comes out or if someone exploits nodo. whichever first). mango is going to be huge and due to the built in Facebook chat,windows live and aim. it almost seems as if multitasking is hardly even needed as most usually do with it is text,websurf,listen to music and have an IM app open. I know I did this on my tp2. or u can even just stick with the tp2 and just use the touchscreen keyboard since the f key on the keyboard not working is the only problem ur having with it. I rarely used the keyboard on my tp2 and don't use it on my arrive unless im cooling down my overheating battery which is also a result of my sprint service going bad again because they can't seem to upgrade the capacity.

ps I fixed ur typo.
ha thanks eric .. im sick of the "f" key not working , and i cant simply not use the hardware keyboard as i use it allllllll the time . And i played around with the arrive at the store , i dont like that its not 4g .. the OS is phenomenal though . IMHO , hands down better than iOS and android . Still has its tweaks and bugs , but what doesnt ? the overall conept and idea is astounding . Just the phone isnt for me :/ . I hate that the phone tilts automatically when sliding it open .. thats dumb .. they should have kept it like the TP2 is .

Adding to the list of things i do , mobile browsing is also prolly number one with calling . as far as multitasking , i also do a lot of writing on my phone , like typing . thats why i use the hardware keyboard a lot . cant live without it .
Old 05-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
I made it to my 3rd TP2. First one lasted ~300+ talk hours and the 2nd also. My third has 845 hours NOW and still shows no sign of failure so I believe I finally got a good one. First unit's headphone jack failed, 2nd was the GPS chip failing(about killed me) which was super inconvenient for those few days.

I've only retired the TP2 because I got a good deal on the Arrive and I was able to put it on a good carrier. I'm sure glad I went with the Arrive as the phone just WORKS like I would expect it to. I know a lot of people are moving the Android route but I didn't want to because of the fact that you need to constantly tweak those ROMs also to make them worth a damn.

I'm a very heavy phone, calendar, e-mail & text user so I need all of those functions to work well. As I have used Windows Phone 7 I have come to realize that the way it is built is to seriously get you in and out of tasks in a seamless and fluid way so that you can get on to your next item of business. Android & Apple are a rehash of the same ole setup that just doesn't work anymore for me. I'd much rather spend my time USING the phone as a tool instead of spending time installing/tweaking/complaining about it and researching how to fix it. The Arrive has filled those needs thus far. Who knows as maybe I might have this Arrive break in a few months and I'll be pissed at it.

I'd consider spending some real time with a Windows Phone 7 device to really see what it does and what it will provide in the future to make a solid choice. I do realize you have a need to tether and other needs you're used to in your current TP2. I for one wish I had TOM TOM for WP7. Other than that I don't see too much else lacking. Will judge after the Mango update!
I think ill wait and see what you guys say after the mango update . ive been hearing a lot about that .. and yes tether is actually prolly number one , as my father is cheap and still has dial up -.-
Old 05-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
ha thanks eric .. im sick of the "f" key not working , and i cant simply not use the hardware keyboard as i use it allllllll the time . And i played around with the arrive at the store , i dont like that its not 4g .. the OS is phenomenal though . IMHO , hands down better than iOS and android . Still has its tweaks and bugs , but what doesnt ? the overall conept and idea is astounding . Just the phone isnt for me :/ . I hate that the phone tilts automatically when sliding it open .. thats dumb .. they should have kept it like the TP2 is .

Adding to the list of things i do , mobile browsing is also prolly number one with calling . as far as multitasking , i also do a lot of writing on my phone , like typing . thats why i use the hardware keyboard a lot . cant live without it .
4G doesn't really mean much. 3G is good enough provided that the network isn't stressed out. Last week I was able to watch Netflix at SDTV quality,high quality YouTube and dailymotion videos without interruption. so if 3G can do that then who needs 4G? the only thing 4G might solve is the pausing of data activity when a text comes in/out.

as for the keyboard if u don't slide it all the way back it won't tilt. choice is urs tho so good luck.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
4G doesn't really mean much. 3G is good enough provided that the network isn't stressed out. Last week I was able to watch Netflix at SDTV quality,high quality YouTube and dailymotion videos without interruption. so if 3G can do that then who needs 4G? the only thing 4G might solve is the pausing of data activity when a text comes in/out.

as for the keyboard if u don't slide it all the way back it won't tilt. choice is urs tho so good luck.
im not going to be worring when i slide the keyboard out .. lol .. and since you have to pay the 10 bucks for data , im gonna get my money's worth and get 4g . I highly appreciate your input though ! THANKS !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2