PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: the now network

boomtastic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to boomtastic
Sprint tp2 to I-wireless, how to

I posted about this before, but can someone walk me through how to unlock the SIM or whatever else I would need to do to switch a sprint tp2 to work for I-wireless? Thanks!
Old 05-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Sprint tp2 to I-wireless, how to

Why start a new thread and not just bump your other one? in that thread I already told u that its not worth attempting to activate a CDMA TP2 on a US GSM provider if u have a data plan because u will not get any 3G speeds.

but if you are still adamant on doing this then start here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...-unlocker.html

Last edited by eric12341; 05-16-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: the now network
Threadstarter

boomtastic is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to boomtastic

Forgive me for not being an expert, thanks for the advice, didn't know if you would get notified on an old post. The deal is I am selling my old tp2 and have had two people ask me if they could use it with I wireless. Is there just no way to get 3g because of the radio thats in there I take it? Any other big drawbacks for someone trying to use a cdma phone with a gsm carrier? (as if thats not bad enough)
Thanks,
Old 05-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomtastic
Forgive me for not being an expert, thanks for the advice, didn't know if you would get notified on an old post. The deal is I am selling my old tp2 and have had two people ask me if they could use it with I wireless. Is there just no way to get 3g because of the radio thats in there I take it? Any other big drawbacks for someone trying to use a cdma phone with a gsm carrier? (as if thats not bad enough)
Thanks,
There is no way to get 3g data using the Sprint TP2 on GSM in the USA. I believe 3g works abroad. See they expect you to use CDMA only while in the USA. Texts and everything else should work fine on GSM mode but edge data on GSM these days woud be very frustrating IMO.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Had 800w Switched to Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

SprintTechSupport is a n00b

I didn't want to start my own thread just to ask this and it was the first I found relevant so...... What about the other way around?? Lets say I found a GSM TP2 phone on Craigslist, can I use that phone on Sprint, or specifically, Boost????
Old 05-20-2011, 06:08 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

nope because the GSM models don't have a CDMA radio. if it was I would've had me an HD2/7 on sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2