PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 02:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

slinkydoo1982 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Discussion Group: Overclocking NRG ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
I am not one of those lucky useres than can go up to 768 without trouble.
My highest stable is 748, with 768 barely working.

I have some observations.
On Energy Sept4 build 21914 I have notice Sense more stable..
I can now clock my highest stable (748Mhz) without low polling.

Also, for me, OCT at same speed(748testing) froze my unit on texting (zero settings, NO dynamic scalling) ,
So I must assume that the "setcpuspeed 1d cab" is working better for me than the OCT cab..
Also interesting to note is that I did not install Netripper's original app, just the "setcpuspeed 1d cab"..

Also I did an experiment to see which Overclock application would "take over" control of the processor...
Yes let them fight it out, ha!
I installed both the "OCT_V_1.5" cab and the "setcpuspeed 1d cab", and "setcpuspeed 1d cab" won, as it took over at a different speed I set it at.
OCT would try when I pressed "on" button, but instantly revert back to the "setcpuspeed 1d cab" setting.

ALso when I set both on same time to same speed, my unit frooze, whoops!
I guess I'm lucky I didn't melt my unit ha.
These are just some observations and I don't recommend anyone try unless they are not afraid .
Bottom line is, use whatever works for you.
Did you try the 2000ms polling interval? with a wide load min/max? I guess it just be the quality of the chip, but If anyone is running similar settings to mine, with success, then maybe that will prove it has more to do with settings and overall environment, (ROM, cabs and such)
Old 09-07-2010, 04:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkydoo1982 View Post
Did you try the 2000ms polling interval? with a wide load min/max? I guess it just be the quality of the chip, but If anyone is running similar settings to mine, with success, then maybe that will prove it has more to do with settings and overall environment, (ROM, cabs and such)
With OCT, I disabled polling with a zero setting, and disabled Dynamic Scaling with a zero setting.

A 2000ms setting for OCT would actually be a good thing, as the app would not be looking to change speed so often.

For OCT app, I personally like a steady overclock for overall better response/snappyness and less chance for SOD..

BUT, With dynamic clock enabled , I can also clock one step higher, but it does not feel any faster, but it may save battery, so it is a mixed bag of compromises.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:31 PM
N00b

slinkydoo1982 is becoming a great contributor
Talking Re: Discussion Group: Overclocking NRG ROM

Quote:
With OCT, I disabled polling with a zero setting, and disabled Dynamic Scaling with a zero setting.

A 2000ms setting for OCT would actually be a good thing, as the app would not be looking to change speed so often.

For OCT app, I personally like a steady overclock for overall better response/snappyness and less chance for SOD..

BUT, With dynamic clock enabled , I can also clock one step higher, but it does not feel any faster, but it may save battery, so it is a mixed bag of compromises.
FYI, you've been really helpful through out this overclocking experience/experiment.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I got good new and bad news, the bad news is that the other day when getting out of my jeep my phone was in my lap and went for a dive right ontop of a brick tree border suffice it to say the glass digitizer was smashed.

So i went thru asurion insurance and got myself\ a new phone (tp2) today while setting it up i ran the MSMcpuspeed7k and heres the awesome news i was able to ramp that Biatch up to 864 MHz !!!! and i think its stable cuz i was able to run benchmarks as well as used it for video txting calling etc etc so im amazed ! 883 MHz would run for a bit then freeze 902 is a straight freeze

My benchmark results ( i just posted the CPU results as that seems most relevant)

Overclocked to 864 Mhz

CPU TEST - whetstones MFLOPS 2100 ms
CPU TEST - whetstones MOPS 616
CPU TEST - whetstones MWIPS 4360 ms
Copy 1 MB using memcpy 7 ms

Normal 528 Mhz

CPU TEST - whetstones MFLOPS 3474ms
CPU TEST - whetstones MOPS 1002
CPU TEST - whetstones MWIPS 7163 ms
Copy 1 MB using memcpy 8 ms

EDIT : Maybe i bragged too fast i was running the benchmark multiple times to stress test it at 864 and it hung right after the the 3rd run so maybe it aint as stable as i though it was ... well theres always 844 :P ( which is stil better than the 806 which was the max overclock i had on my old phone)

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??

Last edited by docnas; 09-09-2010 at 01:19 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
I got good new and bad news,

... well theres always 844 :P ( which is stil better than the 806 which was the max overclock i had on my old phone)
Good for you!
I am currently testing and finding that the rom and how it is "setup-cooked" will also affect your max overclock.

Currently my max overclock was on Energy Sep4,
BUT I haven't flash last two or three roms,
or the two older ones users posted was good..
because I was running so nice last week on VIN's Neodium rom,
and was also on Bored's Inferno also,
so I will keep posted when I hit a good mix again...
Old 09-24-2010, 05:56 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:

Totally agree!! The jumpy-ness of it just drive me nuts! I've been in IT way too long... A real old article I read once about IT stress levels.. talked about millisecond response time anticipation.. certainly MUCH more then that!!

So if you disable dynamic you're back to what I use... setcpuspeed1d, steady & true... 729 & now works without the 20 in setup... 200 default works great with no SODs on the Sept 20 Qmenu NRG cookie 23xxx build! I started using it when it first came out... updated... still on it. (same as your quoted post at the top of this page) :>))
Old 12-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jot_er_ka is a n00b

Hi

I am running OCT1.5, I'm very happy with it, but when I listen to music and the screen is turned off every time the phone FREEZE after a minute.

I think it's a good idea to write the script that would run on the principle:

When the screen is turned on and the script runs OCT_Run processor is overclocked dynamically.

When the screen is off script runs OCT_STOP then reduces the CPU clock speed to a constant speed, for example, 200MHz.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jot_er_ka View Post
Hi

I am running OCT1.5, I'm very happy with it, but when I listen to music and the screen is turned off every time the phone FREEZE after a minute.

I think it's a good idea to write the script that would run on the principle:

When the screen is turned on and the script runs OCT_Run processor is overclocked dynamically.

When the screen is off script runs OCT_STOP then reduces the CPU clock speed to a constant speed, for example, 200MHz.
i know exactly what your issue is you have your oct settings set to underclock below 375Mhz when the CPU is idle dont you? Thats the problem, the music player needs about 375Mhz to work and when u underclock lower, the phone freezes. i had this issue before when i was trying to underclock to 50Mhz when idle. so changes your OCT steps to "1" so that the cpu will underclock speed will be high enough and not cause a SOD. hope that helps.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jot_er_ka is a n00b

I bow low ))) thanks!
Old 12-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jot_er_ka View Post
I bow low ))) thanks!
no problem man

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
nrg rom, overclocking