slinkydoo1982
N00b

slinkydoo1982 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Discussion Group: Overclocking NRG ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
I am not one of those lucky useres than can go up to 768 without trouble.
My highest stable is 748, with 768 barely working.

I have some observations.
On Energy Sept4 build 21914 I have notice Sense more stable..
I can now clock my highest stable (748Mhz) without low polling.

Also, for me, OCT at same speed(748testing) froze my unit on texting (zero settings, NO dynamic scalling) ,
So I must assume that the "setcpuspeed 1d cab" is working better for me than the OCT cab..
Also interesting to note is that I did not install Netripper's original app, just the "setcpuspeed 1d cab"..

Also I did an experiment to see which Overclock application would "take over" control of the processor...
Yes let them fight it out, ha!
I installed both the "OCT_V_1.5" cab and the "setcpuspeed 1d cab", and "setcpuspeed 1d cab" won, as it took over at a different speed I set it at.
OCT would try when I pressed "on" button, but instantly revert back to the "setcpuspeed 1d cab" setting.

ALso when I set both on same time to same speed, my unit frooze, whoops!
I guess I'm lucky I didn't melt my unit ha.
These are just some observations and I don't recommend anyone try unless they are not afraid .
Bottom line is, use whatever works for you.
Did you try the 2000ms polling interval? with a wide load min/max? I guess it just be the quality of the chip, but If anyone is running similar settings to mine, with success, then maybe that will prove it has more to do with settings and overall environment, (ROM, cabs and such)