View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 11:12 PM
docnas
Regular 'Geeker

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Discussion Group: Overclocking NRG ROM

I got good new and bad news, the bad news is that the other day when getting out of my jeep my phone was in my lap and went for a dive right ontop of a brick tree border suffice it to say the glass digitizer was smashed.

So i went thru asurion insurance and got myself\ a new phone (tp2) today while setting it up i ran the MSMcpuspeed7k and heres the awesome news i was able to ramp that Biatch up to 864 MHz !!!! and i think its stable cuz i was able to run benchmarks as well as used it for video txting calling etc etc so im amazed ! 883 MHz would run for a bit then freeze 902 is a straight freeze

My benchmark results ( i just posted the CPU results as that seems most relevant)

Overclocked to 864 Mhz

CPU TEST - whetstones MFLOPS 2100 ms
CPU TEST - whetstones MOPS 616
CPU TEST - whetstones MWIPS 4360 ms
Copy 1 MB using memcpy 7 ms

Normal 528 Mhz

CPU TEST - whetstones MFLOPS 3474ms
CPU TEST - whetstones MOPS 1002
CPU TEST - whetstones MWIPS 7163 ms
Copy 1 MB using memcpy 8 ms

EDIT : Maybe i bragged too fast i was running the benchmark multiple times to stress test it at 864 and it hung right after the the 3rd run so maybe it aint as stable as i though it was ... well theres always 844 :P ( which is stil better than the 806 which was the max overclock i had on my old phone)

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??

Last edited by docnas; 09-09-2010 at 01:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.