View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 12:10 PM
puff601
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Discussion Group: Overclocking NRG ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jot_er_ka View Post
Hi

I am running OCT1.5, I'm very happy with it, but when I listen to music and the screen is turned off every time the phone FREEZE after a minute.

I think it's a good idea to write the script that would run on the principle:

When the screen is turned on and the script runs OCT_Run processor is overclocked dynamically.

When the screen is off script runs OCT_STOP then reduces the CPU clock speed to a constant speed, for example, 200MHz.
i know exactly what your issue is you have your oct settings set to underclock below 375Mhz when the CPU is idle dont you? Thats the problem, the music player needs about 375Mhz to work and when u underclock lower, the phone freezes. i had this issue before when i was trying to underclock to 50Mhz when idle. so changes your OCT steps to "1" so that the cpu will underclock speed will be high enough and not cause a SOD. hope that helps.