PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 08:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Using a HTC Touch Pro2 on AT&T GoPhone (prepaid) Network?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty7002 View Post
ok, so the transaction is pending but i looked into the HSPL unlocker, which if i have it correct, is needed to use customs ROM files.

so my ROM version is 3.03.605.3 and i guess i want to upgrade to the latest version if possible, which i would still need to go find

im going to go install the HSPL unlocker program on my phone, should i do this AFTER ive done the radio flash (which i would do after the sim unlock..)? or can i just do it right now while waiting for the sim-unlock code to arrive?
you dont need to flash a different radio. thats for sprint and uscc tp2's.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: A
Carrier: A
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
you dont need to flash a different radio. thats for sprint and uscc tp2's.
well after going to the unlock site to buy the code, it says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/
we will send the software to the e-mail from which the payment originates, and NO OTHER.
IF YOU NEED TO USE A US SIM CARD, THEN AFTER UNLOCKING, LOOK AT THIS
that's y i post in forums, cuz i get easily confused
Old 08-02-2010, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b

so should i flash HSPL before unlocking the phone and IF i even need to use the radio firmware flash? im kinda eager cuz by tomorrow i should get the code and get everything working

also this is unrelated but...does weather update via wifi? cuz i already did nodata yet i can still update so im assuming it does (the city i set added does it but "my location" doesn't update)..and is there any way to get facebook for windows mobile to work via wifi? i cant even login and i dont see the settings
Old 08-02-2010, 02:30 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
so should i flash HSPL before unlocking the phone and IF i even need to use the radio firmware flash? im kinda eager cuz by tomorrow i should get the code and get everything working

also this is unrelated but...does weather update via wifi? cuz i already did nodata yet i can still update so im assuming it does (the city i set added does it but "my location" doesn't update)..and is there any way to get facebook for windows mobile to work via wifi? i cant even login and i dont see the settings
you only need to hardspl unlock if you want to flash custom roms. you dont need a different radio or an unlocked radio. all you need to do is enter the sim unlock code. yes, you can update weather on wifi... you just have to pick your city first.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b

Quote:
you only need to hardspl unlock if you want to flash custom roms. you dont need a different radio or an unlocked radio. all you need to do is enter the sim unlock code. yes, you can update weather on wifi... you just have to pick your city first.
o sweet dude thanks for the help, i accidentally disabled locations cuz i thought that would incur data fees (obviously not if NoData has blocked the connections ). thanks for the help, these forum has been a great deal of help for me!!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b

im running the unlocker rite now and im kind scared, the first two steps have shown errors yet it says "Radio complete" etc, i dont know whether it's actually being done. when the radio was being flashed (step 2) i got a message, "USB has been disconnected" (i didnt disconnect anything) and i pressed "exit" as that was the only option. then it said it's radio flash is complete.

now it's been 3mins into the third step of running the unlocker, still says "communicating with device".

i followed all steps, i put the global sim card in, set it to GSM only. pressed each step one by one in sucession...has something gone wrong? all that's on my screen is colored lines, and a USB sign at hte bottom while the top contains a bunch of stuff like "RHOD500 32M SS-BC...SPL-0.70.0000...MicroP(LED) 0x0A" etc
Old 08-02-2010, 03:02 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
im running the unlocker rite now and im kind scared, the first two steps have shown errors yet it says "Radio complete" etc, i dont know whether it's actually being done. when the radio was being flashed (step 2) i got a message, "USB has been disconnected" (i didnt disconnect anything) and i pressed "exit" as that was the only option. then it said it's radio flash is complete.

now it's been 3mins into the third step of running the unlocker, still says "communicating with device".

i followed all steps, i put the global sim card in, set it to GSM only. pressed each step one by one in sucession...has something gone wrong? all that's on my screen is colored lines, and a USB sign at hte bottom while the top contains a bunch of stuff like "RHOD500 32M SS-BC...SPL-0.70.0000...MicroP(LED) 0x0A" etc
all you need to do is the sim unlocker. i told you that in my last post. is that what you did?
your phone is in bootloader mode. just hit the reset button and it should reboot.

Last edited by razorloves; 08-02-2010 at 03:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b

Quote:
all you need to do is the sim unlocker. i told you that in my last post. is that what you did?
your phone is in bootloader mode. just hit the reset button and it should reboot.
when i downloaded the program, i followed each step as indicated.

STEP 1: It will flash your device with patched SPL
STEP 2: Your device will be flashed with a specially patched radio
STEP 3: This will run the unlocker on your phone

i just got the msg "==Success, Running Unlock==" but im still not sure if anything even happened on my phone i got a message "LOCKED, Radio Cannot Unlock"..but the program says it was a success...

i still checked the security section in Personal settings and it still says it needs a code...

should i just run the unlocker again?

Last edited by smitty7002; 08-02-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b

well i just repeated the unlocker, this time i took out the "global sim card" and put my gophone simcard. it's now on step 2 of unlocking the radio, (step 1 seemed to fail i believe) and the bootloader screen disappeared and this percentage bar is here. before it the thing just disconnected. i really hope this works.

EDIT: nvm the percentage bar failed, i really need to run the HSPL successfully, which it has already failed twice. any reasons y it keeps on failing?

here's a bit of info...
-phone has been hard-reset to remove the office junk
- the "phone part" hasn't been activated from verizon, so if i try dial a number it says "u need to activate phone first"
- im running 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium with Windows Mobile Device Center

here's the screen i always get stuck on, each of the 3 times ive tried...

also if this matters...64-bit OS.

it seems everytime i try to run HSPL it turns off the device?

Last edited by smitty7002; 08-02-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b

well..i asked them to remote unlock it for me, as im having a great deal of trouble :\ i hope they reply back promptly, i really wanna see if this will work.

also, does it matter if i put in my AT&T GoPhone simcard or the Global Sim card? cuz when i put the GoPhone one, it doesn't let me select "GSM only network" (as if it doesn't recognize the sim card) while the global one does.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2