PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: A
Carrier: A
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Using a HTC Touch Pro2 on AT&T GoPhone (prepaid) Network?

IGNORE THE TOP, THOSE HAVE BEEN RESOLVED ISSUES

ok so i managed to complete all the steps, now the phone says it's SIM unlocked...but my SIM card isn't being recognized?!? it says "sim card isn't inserted, automatically switching to CDMA".

what's wrong now? it's a standard AT&T GoPhone simcard, it's orange, has a 3G sign on it. what am i missing? do i need to flash this radio?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=4850772

EDIT: i installed that radio firmware, why in the world wont it recognize my sim card? does the sim card have to be a new fresh one? never been used or something? if so, can someone link me to exactly what type of sim card i need (will i also be able to transfer the number from my old gophone simcard?)

further investigation, could this be the problem?
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_us..._on_a_go_phone

Quote:
I found out that when a person buys a prepaid AT&T phone and they get the $25.00 to $75.00 worth of free airtime the Go Phone's SIM cared is locked to the phone, after the phone is activated; however, once that obligation has been completed then they can unlock the SIM card and it will work in any regular(or prepaid) AT&T phone. [and a sim-unlocked HTC TP2 ]

Last edited by smitty7002; 08-02-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b

close this thread. successfully can call, text and everything. im unbelievably happy, thanks for everything!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty7002 View Post
close this thread. successfully can call, text and everything. im unbelievably happy, thanks for everything!
share what you did to fix your problem. it might help others.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b

sure, this was a big deal for the n00b like me but i'll list what i did. i'll update the first post for anyone who ever wonders how to do this
Old 08-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

and you should probably go and hit all of the thanks butons under razorloves posts for all the patience he had.

Nokia6110 - RazrV3 -LG8700 ------TP1 ---Imagio -- Tbolt - RazrMaxx
----MotoV710 -LG8600 - XV8600 ------TP2 ----DroidX - Gnex -RazrMaxxHD
(Palm T5, VZW-Xoom,VZW Xyboard)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:06 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
and you should probably go and hit all of the thanks butons under razorloves posts for all the patience he had.
haha. thanks wes. i hardly helped. others helped including yourself
Old 08-02-2010, 06:37 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
sure, this was a big deal for the n00b like me but i'll list what i did. i'll update the first post for anyone who ever wonders how to do this
you forgot to mention something VERY important in the first post. most of that stuff you did is NOT required on the verizon tp2. you can just call verizon and tel them you're going to travel abroad and they'll give you the sim unlock code for free. then you just type it into your phone and you're done. i know you had an odd situation where your dad couldn't call or something so you had to pay for it, but that's not what other people will have to worry about.

Last edited by razorloves; 08-02-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b
Re: [RESOLVED] Using a HTC Touch Pro2 on AT&T GoPhone (prepaid) Network?

o yea haha, just telling what i did. yep that way works perfectly, they asked me for the name in the system and if i did provide that name then it should've worked. this was more of a Cmonex's route of unlocking.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:51 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

gave you thanks for writing your first "how to" instruction. good work and glad you got everything working to your liking.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:58 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
IMPORTANT: To unlock your phone remotely via Verizon and avoid paying for the unlocking software, you can call their customer service number 1(800)-711-8300, and follow the guide posted here. I'm not sure if you still would need to run Hard-SPL and upgrade the radio firmware, but Hard-SPL can be found here and the newest radio firmware is in step 11, here.
ok...almost there. haha.
unlock remotely? that's not possible. you have to type the sim unlock code into your phone that they give you. hardspl unlock and/or different radio are not required for verizon tp2's. i already told you these things, so i guess you missed my posts earlier.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2