PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 02:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Using a HTC Touch Pro2 on AT&T GoPhone (prepaid) Network?

it's not as simple as getting a code from that site like it would be from verizon. It's a program you run on your pc like the hspl unlocker that unlocks your sim. If you do go that route you'll see what I am talking about.

Another alternative might be to have your pop activate the phone for an hour or so and call verizon while it's active on the accout.

Nokia6110 - RazrV3 -LG8700 ------TP1 ---Imagio -- Tbolt - RazrMaxx
----MotoV710 -LG8600 - XV8600 ------TP2 ----DroidX - Gnex -RazrMaxxHD
(Palm T5, VZW-Xoom,VZW Xyboard)
Old 07-30-2010, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: A
Carrier: A
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
it's not as simple as getting a code from that site like it would be from verizon. It's a program you run on your pc like the hspl unlocker that unlocks your sim. If you do go that route you'll see what I am talking about.

Another alternative might be to have your pop activate the phone for an hour or so and call verizon while it's active on the accout.
o so that's what all those radio firmwares were for, ONLY if you choose to go via ccmonex's route of unlocking. that's y im hoping i can do it directly from verizon, that would be the easiest way but now i will need to see how i can activate the phone, cant i just call customer service or does the call need to be placed from the HTC?
Old 07-30-2010, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b

i just called them, i asked for a sim code and gave them the old number/my dad's name...it didnt work. they asked for the person of interest, im guessing i'll need to ask my dad's company to call them up.

if that doesn't work, is the plan for cmonex's route of unlocking this...

1. buy the code from http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/
2. apparently it will send the "software to my email account", i'll use that
3. download the radio firmware named "1. 2.32.00WU (Sprint stock edited)" from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=4850772
4. i should install all of the software required after ive hard resetted and removed afaria?
5. insert gophone sim card and im good to go?

Last edited by smitty7002; 07-30-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b

^bump for response to post above.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:53 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

bump for what? did you try the unlocker or what? there is a whole thread dedicated to it. why do we need to hold your hand through this? did you go to the unlocker thread? did you read some of it? id suggest starting at the first page and stopping when you feel comfortable just doing it. just go to the site. you pay, it pops up. follow instructions. its as easy as that...

Old 07-31-2010, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b

as i said, im a really big noob for this stuff, ive lived in china before i moved to america and all we did was load up the phones prepaid then...use it. i just dont wanna go break a phone that isn't even mine (it was bought from the company and i dont know yet if they want it back after my dad's term is done in america, which will be in 2013).

so i just wanna make sure im following the right instructions. i asked my dad, he says he cant just go ask the ppl who bought the phone to call verizon so i guess i'll have to go via cmonex's route.

ik ppl like me can be annoying, im also a fairly active user on notebookreviews.com and i always see ppl just like me but that's how it is, you can always ignore the person if u dont wanna help but it means a big deal to the person who is asking a question if it's answered.

all im asking for before i continue, is that are these the correct steps i should precede with? as mentioned before, i dont wanna ruin a $400 phone cuz i assumed something and it turned out to be wrong.

Quote:
1. start by hard-resetting, to remove the afaria software and give a clean install to the windows mobile PPC.
2. buy the code from http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/
3. apparently it will send the "software to my email account", i'll use that
4. download and flash the radio firmware named "1. 2.32.00WU (Sprint stock edited)" from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=4850772
5. after everything is installed/flashed etc., insert the gophone sim, configure my settings into "GSM-network only" with AT&T, and i should be good to go?
the reason i ask so many questions is cuz i get baffled by all the threads i see, i see this "Hard-SPL" thread and the thread from step 4, i still dont know whether i need either, both or neither of these. ur help is greatly appreciated tho.

Last edited by smitty7002; 07-31-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b

well all i need is a confirmation, are those the correct steps above? i already removed the afaria software, so that's outta the way and i think the whole "data service" problem wont be a hassle as i installed NoData.

Last edited by smitty7002; 08-01-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:10 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

yep. looks like your on the right track.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b

thank you, im gonna setup a paypal account to donate, then i'll tell you how it all goes. thanks!

Last edited by smitty7002; 08-01-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b

ok, so the transaction is pending but i looked into the HSPL unlocker, which if i have it correct, is needed to use customs ROM files.

so my ROM version is 3.03.605.3 and i guess i want to upgrade to the latest version if possible, which i would still need to go find

im going to go install the HSPL unlocker program on my phone, should i do this AFTER ive done the radio flash (which i would do after the sim unlock..)? or can i just do it right now while waiting for the sim-unlock code to arrive?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2