PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Blackberry 8330
Carrier: Sprint SERO

steps is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to steps
Re: how to get a new mogul

Yes just take your phone to a sprint store. I recently exchange BOTH my mogul and touch for referbished ones (which actually were MUCH better qaulity then my previous refurbished one). The excuse I used is the keyboard was sticking on the mogul (which it was had that terrible double typing error and had to press keys extra hard to work and the Touch was having software issues with constantly restarting. They shouldn't give you any issues about trading it in.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

I just wanted to add to this. Most repair store will replace your phone with a refurb or depending on the person you are dealing with, they can give you a new one. They can replace as long it isn't damage to the mother board. Otherwise they will flag the phone as "Damaged Beyond Repair" after inspecting it. You will have no other choice but to go to Asurion for a replacement. I had a broken charger port and my phone was flagged. From what I know, broken screen, or if any of the front buttons don't work they normally just replace the whole top half. If you're not happy with that they can order you a refurb.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:35 PM
VIP Member

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Here is a copy of Asurion Insurance Policy. It covers accidental damages, even water damage.

http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/pdfs...entProgram.pdf
Old 07-31-2008, 06:44 PM
VIP Member

Here is the what I got from sprint site. The Equipment Service & Repair program is for in store repair or replacement. Other wise you have to go to Asurion. So it looks like physical damage will have to go to Asurion.

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/en/st...ct_popup.shtml
Old 07-31-2008, 07:01 PM
VIP Member

Another leverage you might have in getting a new phone is that refurb Moguls are on back order with Asurion. I had to wait more than a week to get mine. Just got it 2 days ago. Call *2 and let them know the situation and depending on who you speak with, they will probably give you a new phone.

It may also help if you already took your phone to a Sprint Repair center so they'll be able to see that also.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx, Treo 700p,HTC Mogul PPC6800, HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SprintPCS

shelovezlaw is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to shelovezlaw

If You Have Insurance..just Go To Phoneclaim.com
they will tell u what phone would be sent out

Last edited by shelovezlaw; 08-17-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kilmarac is becoming a great contributor

My phone had the infamous three dots, and somewhere along the way the slide stop broke so it would always close a little crooked. I lived with it because I didnt want to get rid of my Mogul with the "Pocket PC" logo on it. But the buttons on the keyboard started messing up and my web stopped working, so I finally gave in and went into a Corp Store.

I explained to them all the problems, they looked at it and said "Well have to get it replaced" I asked if they had moguls or if they were still replacing with touchs. He said they could get moguls.

Two days later they had a brand new mogul, in the box with all accessories waiting for me to come pick up. Did not cost me a penny, and I didnt have to break my phone or turn in my phone until the new one came in.

Whats my secret? I was very nice, did not argue or yell, did not tell them how bad this or that was. I just explained the problem, told them how difficult it was to utilize my service with the various problems and allowed them to make a decision on it. Truth prevails.

Last edited by kilmarac; 07-31-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F

Mattheyu is keeping up the good workMattheyu is keeping up the good work

If you have both insurance plans on your Sprint account, call customer service (*2 from your phone), and tell them you need an insurnace replacement for your phone. They will either handle it themselves or transfer you to the insurance company Asurion (sp?) to complete it. Just tell them your phone is damaged and you want an insurance replacement. $50 deductable, brand new in box phone within a week, send the old one back. You can do this twice a year.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:38 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Why is everyone talking about breaking their phone, that's just silly.

If you look here: http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/pdfs...entProgram.pdf
...and read the big letters on the cover of the brochure, you will clearly see:

Protect your Sprint
or Nextel phone
or smart device
against loss, theft
or physical damage.

Do you see the word in yellow?
Old 07-31-2008, 09:38 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattheyu View Post
If you have both insurance plans on your Sprint account, call customer service (*2 from your phone), and tell them you need an insurnace replacement for your phone. They will either handle it themselves or transfer you to the insurance company Asurion (sp?) to complete it. Just tell them your phone is damaged and you want an insurance replacement. $50 deductable, brand new in box phone within a week, send the old one back. You can do this twice a year.
The phone is a re-furb not brand new....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan