PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

omegax is keeping up the good workomegax is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: White Spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
How did you get that? Ecare tells me to call Asurion and email them to get the $50 deductable credited back to my account.

Anyway today I noticed that when I press on the screen, I get pressure marks (like if you push on a normal LCD screen) around the white spots. Most noticeable on a dark screen.

Maybe I shoudl call asurion and make sure they will send me a BRAND NEW phone. I refuse to accept a refurb because it's a defect. I hate to use up one of my claims, but if it gets me a NEW phone then i guess so.
This issue is covered as long as you have total equipment protection. Go to a store and have them order a new one.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Now Network

sd4shizy is keeping up the good worksd4shizy is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to sd4shizy

i just find it funny that almost all phones have it. I thought i was the only one. I told my friend about it, then, I hung out with him and checked his phone and I noticed, oh crap, he has it too. Boy was he pissed. It seems as though it becomes more and more noticeable. thanks for noticing this.

other common things. function key busted, and phone key as well
Old 03-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegax View Post
This issue is covered as long as you have total equipment protection. Go to a store and have them order a new one.
I have TEP, but all the stores I called say I have to wait a week and get a refurb instead of a new phone.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

gentner8 is a n00b

I had the same thing on my phone, and it was right next to the wi-fi switch about 1/4 inch in. My wi-fi died, so I just assumed something got a little hot or something. This is good to know in the event there is a class action suit (like the v-710) LOL.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:54 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Ok heres a update, logged into sprint and went to Electronic customer care and wrote a very lengthy email to them... and guess what. I got a bounce back email today saying that my message was undeliverable... How can that happen when I used their site to wrote the stupid thing.. ****ing ****suckers there system is so jacked up.

Also I have called their corporate store and told them my delemia "I shoudlent have to drive 90miles to swap out a phone that I dident break." they said that I can go to any 3rd party sprint store and they can order me one and swap for me. But when I go they say because of my area code is not the same as theres that they cant help me. WTF SPRINT! why cant a store that carriers your name help me with my phone!!?

Then I called customer support again and again... each time they say I have to go to a store to have them look at it. Well dammit sprint. this is BS
Im about to call retentions and ask for some kind of compensaion for having to drive 90miles for a replacement. They beter offer somthing good.

I have seen how some people here have gotten their phones switched really easily and without stress... but for some reason I just cant seem to get them to comply.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
Ok heres a update, logged into sprint and went to Electronic customer care and wrote a very lengthy email to them... and guess what. I got a bounce back email today saying that my message was undeliverable... How can that happen when I used their site to wrote the stupid thing.. ****ing ****suckers there system is so jacked up.

Also I have called their corporate store and told them my delemia "I shoudlent have to drive 90miles to swap out a phone that I dident break." they said that I can go to any 3rd party sprint store and they can order me one and swap for me. But when I go they say because of my area code is not the same as theres that they cant help me. WTF SPRINT! why cant a store that carriers your name help me with my phone!!?

Then I called customer support again and again... each time they say I have to go to a store to have them look at it. Well dammit sprint. this is BS
Im about to call retentions and ask for some kind of compensaion for having to drive 90miles for a replacement. They beter offer somthing good.

I have seen how some people here have gotten their phones switched really easily and without stress... but for some reason I just cant seem to get them to comply.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of account do you have with Sprint? I have a business account & it's really easy for me to walk in and have the tech guys switch the phone out. My problem is that they keep on insisting on giving me a refurb unit.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:08 PM
mabru2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
Just out of curiosity, what kind of account do you have with Sprint? I have a business account & it's really easy for me to walk in and have the tech guys switch the phone out. My problem is that they keep on insisting on giving me a refurb unit.
I have a normal account with sero plan.

But here is another update and maybe a tip for the rest of you to try. I called retentions and told them I am really tempted to switch carriers because I cant get any results with tech/customer/in store/manufacture support. I said that its not fair that I have to travel 90miles to have a phone switched out. So he asked what I wanted and I said I dont want to pay out of my pocket for gas. So he offered me $50 off my bill so I can travel to the corporate store..

So Sprint Gave me gas Money...

But I wonder what will happen if my next phone gets the spots? will they give me $50 each time? or will I have more trouble? we shall see....
Old 04-01-2008, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket

midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlx View Post
I recently noticed two white spots on my screen. They're in the lower left hand side of the screen, strange but u can only see them say when the screen is white itself, u can make them out perfectly. Just wondering if anyone else had something like this come up on their phone. Doesnt really bother me but I just dont want something bad to happen to the screen itself. Im kinda debating whether or not to take it into sprint, what do u guys think?
I dont know for sure,, but Ive seen about 5 of them the same way,, and they are usually down in the bottom left of the screen,,
If you slide out the keyboard and feel under the screen part,, there is a slight hump... that is where the ribbon cable attaches to the screen... I am wondering if maybe it has something to do with pressure from that in the casing..

maybe squeeze on the area under the screen and see if it gets brighter,, if thats the case maybe it can be fixed...

just speculation
Old 04-01-2008, 04:26 PM
tt7
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

tt7 is just getting started

Everyone i know with the same phone (3 people), and myself have the same spot issue, however some have a few spots i just have one... ( I got mine the day they were released in my local store)
Old 04-02-2008, 01:26 AM
mabru2001

Well I think more people need to make a bigger deal about this. I know is not "that" distracting but for what these phones cost to make! and what it costs people. We deserve somthing that is flawless. I have a really old Sony Clie that is a touch screen. Its over 4 years old and there is no "white Spot" this phone is not even a year old and already there is a visible flaw! years has past and our quality of touch screens has gone down???

Come on! this "IS" a big deal and if we all just accept this then they win!
Me personally want the mogul recalled for this problem so we can get a huge discount on somthing better like treo 810 is looking pretty nice. or the just anouced touch duel is coming to america. hopefully sprint will pick it up. Touch duel is what I been waiting for. I could care less about a querty, just as long as there is some kind of tactile keys.

Oh and please ignore my ramblings as I have been drinking healvely tonight.. unless you agree.. then rock on

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan