PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch
Carrier: VZW for 8 years now SERO

Knether is keeping up the good workKnether is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: White Spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
Well I think more people need to make a bigger deal about this. I know is not "that" distracting but for what these phones cost to make! and what it costs people. We deserve somthing that is flawless. I have a really old Sony Clie that is a touch screen. Its over 4 years old and there is no "white Spot" this phone is not even a year old and already there is a visible flaw! years has past and our quality of touch screens has gone down???

Come on! this "IS" a big deal and if we all just accept this then they win!
Me personally want the mogul recalled for this problem so we can get a huge discount on somthing better like treo 810 is looking pretty nice. or the just anouced touch duel is coming to america. hopefully sprint will pick it up. Touch duel is what I been waiting for. I could care less about a querty, just as long as there is some kind of tactile keys.

Oh and please ignore my ramblings as I have been drinking healvely tonight.. unless you agree.. then rock on

And the moral of the story is never go to CMU

Challenge me into a game of COD4. If you dare.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:03 AM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knether View Post
And the moral of the story is never go to CMU
Haha, true that. but I only went to central for a year. Im at Mid now... much cheaper.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.
Carrier: Sprint

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ok, it's going to be on pretty much every mogul, as they all do it. Why would you want a new one if it's just going to do the same thing?

Solve the problem yourself and use a dark background. As far as cost, you probably paid 199 or 250, not to mention you are on SERO. You are coming out ahead here. The phone retails for 550, and that's what Sprint pays for it.

Stop blowing this issue out of proportion. It's a cosmetic issue that's a minor annoyance, nothing more.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:16 PM
mabru2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Ok, it's going to be on pretty much every mogul, as they all do it. Why would you want a new one if it's just going to do the same thing?
Because I am worried about the long term dammage that might occure.

Quote:
Solve the problem yourself and use a dark background. As far as cost, you probably paid 199 or 250, not to mention you are on SERO. You are coming out ahead here. The phone retails for 550, and that's what Sprint pays for it.
I do use dark backgrounds but my issue is when looking at web pages they mostly have white backgrounds and I get distracted when trying to read.
And it doesn't matter how much I paid. It retails for 550 so that means it should preform like a $550 device.
And Yes I have sero, something that is available for anyone that can access a web page. Sero is not a exclusive offer anymore. So by allowing so many people to have sero, sprint is saying their service is only worth that much. Which I agree, phone plans should not cost as much as they do.

Quote:
Stop blowing this issue out of proportion. It's a cosmetic issue that's a minor annoyance, nothing more.
So if you went and bought a new car and a few months later a big circle of paint right smack in the middle of your hood pealed off. When you went back to the dealer they said oh that happens to all of them. You would just leave because that is just a minor annoyance and cosmetic defect? No you wouldn't you would demand it to be fixed. Well its the same for my mogul. I want it fixed. but since they are telling me that I will be without my phone for up to two weeks and tell me there is no loaner phone. I say that is unacceptable. And it just makes sence because the way devices are made these days, once you open one they can have all sorts of problems happen. So its cheaper for a company to just swap it out and send the whole lot in for a refurb job.

Its not just a cosmetic issue, read what others have been saying, it starts small and then grows. And others say they have more than one spot! thats more than a minor annoyance. I know mine has grown in size, I don't want to be after my 1 year warranty and have that spot huge on my screen or worse cause my screen to stop working entirely. We don't know the cause for it so we dont know that kind of long term effects it might have.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

debitodd is a n00b

i sure hope i dont jinx myself here i have had 2 moguls first one when they first came out then my second one i got in february i believe (gave my son the first one) and neither one has got the white spots thank goodness
Old 04-02-2008, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MOT ic902 temoporarily, but Mogul Permanantly

TrueArsenic is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by debitodd View Post
i sure hope i dont jinx myself here i have had 2 moguls first one when they first came out then my second one i got in february i believe (gave my son the first one) and neither one has got the white spots thank goodness
I got mine back in November or December and i first noticed the spots about a month or 2 ago.. so.. give it a few months. Nearly every customer who has brought one in to my store has had the spots.. it sucks, yes.. if it sucks a lot, then email HTC everyday until they do a recall or replace the phone. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. You can't just whine once on a message board and expect to get a new phone for free... you've gotta talk to the people who made it this way. If everyone really complained to HTC like they're doing in this thread, i think they'd do a recall. I havn't complained cause the spot isn't that big, and it's not that bad, but when i get to the whining stage, i'll email HTC.. over and over and over and over.. lol
Old 04-02-2008, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

eballin is a n00b

the spots are going to come. i even went and got a new mogul and i take great care of my phone and yet the spots still come.. i think i might just switch to the touch! LOL
Old 04-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
So if you went and bought a new car and a few months later a big circle of paint right smack in the middle of your hood pealed off. When you went back to the dealer they said oh that happens to all of them. You would just leave because that is just a minor annoyance and cosmetic defect? No you wouldn't you would demand it to be fixed. Well its the same for my mogul. I want it fixed. but since they are telling me that I will be without my phone for up to two weeks and tell me there is no loaner phone. I say that is unacceptable. And it just makes sence because the way devices are made these days, once you open one they can have all sorts of problems happen. So its cheaper for a company to just swap it out and send the whole lot in for a refurb job.
Um... about the car thing, that's a really bad example. Yes, if the paint were *missing*, it'd be a problem (albeit cosmetic, but still annoying enough to do something about it), but I don't think of us have *dead* pixels there. Its just a bit lighter and only noticeable if you're aware of it really.
For perspective: I bought a nissan Sentra brand new back in 01. A few months later, I noticed the passenger side airbag cover looked like it wasn't seated properly. I tries to push it back down, but one side of it sorta pops up about 1 or 2 mm.

When I brought the car in for a routine maintenance, I figured I'd point it out since I still had 5k miles left to my warranty. However, I forgot to mention it to the dealer until after the car was ready, and didn't really have time to wait for them to bring it back in. He looked at it and said one of the tabs for the cover looks like its broken, and he'd make a note that I reported it before my warranty was up so I could bring it back on a later date and get it fixed.

Well, while I DO notice it, I never bothered to do anything about it since I actually haven't been back to that dealership since then. It doesn't bother me enough to fix it even though I may be entitled to. If I brought the car in for something else, and said "while you're at it...", then maybe, but otherwise its really NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL.

So, I'm just illustrating, that's how I feel about the "spots". Its not a big deal. And don't start fressing about how *maybe* the spots will lead to screen failure. No one has any real reason to believe that. I've had this device since it came out last summer, and while the spot thing is common, no one has complained about it leading to screen failure.

If it bothers you, go do something about it, but you can't convince everyone that this is so serious a design flaw that we should all band together or something.

::end rant::
Old 04-02-2008, 08:02 PM
mabru2001

I am doing somthing about it, hence my sig, sprint has given me $50 to travel to a corporate store to get a replacement. I only said all that because I was told that it wasent a big deal and that I shoudeltn worry about it. I started joining in this disscussion because sprint, HTC, and UTStarcom were giving me the run around and not wanting to honor their waranty. I wanted feedback from those that have had a replacement. and how they went about getting it.

Yes i know the car analogy was bad but isent that what we do in this world relate everything to buying a car? At least with cars I know its easier to swap out a part when its bad, but with a phone its alot more sensitive.

I know people dont think its a big deal but the fact remains, that "cosmetic flaw" shouldent even exist, especially in all the phones. For what HTC has done to cut corners on this thing its actually a horrable product. But I wont switch phones because sprint dosent offer anything comparable.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(6850)

falzon03 is keeping up the good workfalzon03 is keeping up the good work

ok so being an employee for sprint i have sold a few moguls and a touchs and i personally own a touch while my dad has the mogul. So far every mogul i have activated has a brighter spot either a little below the center of the screen or in the bottom left corner. Now the touch i have noticed always has the brighter spot in the bottom left just like many on here are saying and mine does the same. Im not fully sure what it is but it seems to just be the way HTC makes there screens. Since it doesnt effect the functionabilty of the phone i basically just ignore it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan