PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch
Carrier: VZW for 8 years now SERO

Knether is keeping up the good workKnether is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: White Spots

Same thing same place.

EDIT: I have the Verizon version.

Challenge me into a game of COD4. If you dare.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
Well Sprint are *** holes. Called to get my phone replaced for the white spots. I have had my phone since november so its out of sprints 30 day warranty. And well sprint said that I should contact HTC and they said because it is a Sprint branded phone they wont touch it. So back to sprint and they said I have to take it to the store. Well I have a Sprint store close to me and they told me I have to go to a corporate store. Closest corporate store to me is a hour and a half away. This really pisses me off! I should not have to travel 90miles to get a replacement for a phone that I did not damage and is a manufacturing error. With the price of gas up to 3.30 a gallon and I only get 18mpg it will end up costing me prolly $40 to get my phone replaced.

Anyone think theres a chance I will get some sort of compensation for this BS?
Call E-Care and tell them the situaion. I refuse to go into repair centers for the white spots as the techs are morons and cant do anything to fix them anyway. E-care should be able to get you a phone shipped out to a sprint location for you to make the swap. They have offered to send the swap directly to be but wanted me to pay for it and they would credit it back once my broken phone was returned.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

audyo is just getting started

I hope more posts bring attention to this blatantly clear design flaw. I have the dreaded spots. Showed up after about two weeks, although it has NOT seemed to worsen over time, but still VERY annoying. My dot is on the bottom left in portrait, and quite visible to anyone with vision.

I also have a whole row of pixels missing in my camera. In landscape mode, its a vertical line from top to bottom on the screen, and in my pictures files, so the camera lens or unit itself is bad it seems. I am on my 9th rom and the problems persist.

One more strike, and I will start bugging sprint for a replacement. My bill is so astonishingly cheap that e-care will probably laugh politely at the issues and hang up on me. I'd rather wait till I lose and or smash the device.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:41 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
Call E-Care and tell them the situaion.
Got the ## cuz I called today and asked to talk to E-Care and I was told there is no such department.
I then proceeded to talk to the sprint rep again. Told my situation and bla bla bla... Said it has to be HTC to replace the phone.. ok called HTC again... told me everything is done through UT Starcom... ok called UT Starcom and they told me that they dont do replacements only repairs.. And I refuse to have a phone that is either a referb or that has been opened. Phones never work right after they been opened.

UT Starcom also said that they haven't even heard of this issue with the phone... Ok everyone with white spots needs to call UT Starcom, HTC, and Sprint and let then know there is a growing issue with this crap.

I was also given by the HTC support guy, the number for HTC corporate office. And I quote "You can try calling them and see if you get any results" BS I SAY!

The HTC rep also said that the phones are made in a factory in japan and that the office here cant do anything about a manufacturing flaws. I told the guy "so your telling me that your company cant help me with a problem with its own product?" He said yes..

Heres some ##'s

UT Starcom: 1(800) 229-1235
HTC Support Office: 1(866) 449-8358
HTC Corporate Office: 1(425) 861-9174
Old 03-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I unfortunately can also chime in about the crumby white spot. I gotta agree the sprint techs are clueless to this issue. they tried to tell me i did something to my phone. they really seem unaware of this problem. frusterating
Old 03-27-2008, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Mogul)

nathanhorn is a n00b

E-care is thorugh the sprint website via email. I have gone thorugh them with the same issue and they sent me a replacement phone the next day.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Sifter is keeping up the good workSifter is keeping up the good work

I also have a white spot lower left of the screen.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL

JeffGrinBarrett is a n00b

I tried a different repair center this time, guy couldnt fix it. So I got another new phone (4th), this one is spot free. Hope it stays this way!
Old 03-27-2008, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

babair is a n00b

i ggot the white spots... this is the email i sent to sprint... try something along these lines. they emailed me back said they would send a replacement phone free of charge and it wold not count towards my asurion insurance. i didn pay a dime and i recieved m brand new mogul today in box with a return kit for the one witht he white spots.

this is the email i emailed ecare with:

"Dear Sprint,

there is one thing that you can help me with. Insince i purchased the
phone under 50 days ago phone is not even 2 months old i would like for the
following to happen. I feel that i should not have to pay $50 to get
another phone that i paid enough for it the first place to just replace the
phone. I have been through so many hassels with sprint but yet i stay with
sprint instead of going to another carrier which i could just as easily do
and get a phone with no problems at all and not have any problems with
service but i choose to stay with sprint. I would like to have a
replacement mogul shipped to me if at all possible i know they pulled it off
of the sprint site the other day so i do not know if the phone is
discontinued now or what is happening with it. I have looked into white dot
that has appeared on my screen and apparently from what ive gathered from
the manufacturer and friends who also have a mogul, they have experienced
the same problem and have had their phones switched out or another sent to
them free of charge due to the fact that it is a problem with something
within the phone heating up and causing the white dot to appear. The
manufacturer told me i would have to ship my phone out and it would be 2-3
weeks before i see it back again. I cannot go 2-3 weeks without a phone and
do not see a point in paying for a months worth of service and not having a
phone to use. This issue needs to be addressed and taken care of. as this
dot has only been getting bigger as time goes on and my sliding keyboard is
only getting worse when typing as i have todo several keystrokes on the same
key to make it register. I use my phone for work with email and everything
and i cannot be without it for 3 weeks. Please address this issue and get
back to me.
Thank you for your time and addressing this issue. please respond ASAP.

Sincerely
************"

So try something along those lines. if this helped rep me. Time togo toy with my brand new mogul
Old 03-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanhorn View Post
E-care is thorugh the sprint website via email. I have gone thorugh them with the same issue and they sent me a replacement phone the next day.
How did you get that? Ecare tells me to call Asurion and email them to get the $50 deductable credited back to my account.

Anyway today I noticed that when I press on the screen, I get pressure marks (like if you push on a normal LCD screen) around the white spots. Most noticeable on a dark screen.

Maybe I shoudl call asurion and make sure they will send me a BRAND NEW phone. I refuse to accept a refurb because it's a defect. I hate to use up one of my claims, but if it gets me a NEW phone then i guess so.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Baffles; 03-29-2008 at 06:08 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan