PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila Sense 2.1 / 2.5 *Updated Feb 15, 2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsun View Post
ok so i just installed this on top of the new 3 version rom... everything seems to be ok except the tab screen onthe bottom over the phone above is slow to respond. I went to text messages and click all messages and it doesnt show me the messages that were there previously. but on the main pop up i see 1 of 25 messages viewable.....

Oh yes and i have the swype cab and it's not running anymore the keyboard tries to load (installation went fine) but it shows the regular keyboard instead of the swype... can anyone help?
I had this same problem when I installed the cab that disabled HTC messaging. It seems whatever disables that prevents Swype from loading. Did you disable HTC messaging?

Also please let me know if you get this working on your own. This problem of not being able to use Swype has prevented me from upgrading as well and I was about to try since the disabling htc messaging is supposed to be not necessary any more. So looking forward to you reply on the above question.

Last edited by rolandroland; 02-18-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cslawren is keeping up the good workcslawren is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandroland View Post
I had this same problem when I installed the cab that disabled HTC messaging. It seems whatever disables that prevents Swype from loading. Did you disable HTC messaging?

Also please let me know if you get this working on your own. This problem of not being able to use Swype has prevented me from upgrading as well and I was about to try since the disabling htc messaging is supposed to be not necessary any more. So looking forward to you reply on the above question.
You need something called SIPChange. It runs on startup and changes the default soft input method. This is a bug in WinMo 6.5 from what I hear.

Now for some reason it will always crash on start up, but it still works. So what you'll want to do is just disable error reporting so that the crash screen doesn't come up. It's not perfect but it does exactly what it needs to do. Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: cab SIPChange.CAB (225.9 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
SYS: Windows Mobile 6.5.5 23568
Old 02-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6975
Carrier: verizon

CarmeloR is just getting started

Yes I downloaded the new cab, it isn't the 70 mb cab that seems to be the issue, it seems to be the sms fix that causes the problems. Right now I am using WM SMS interface which I have no problem with, but I did like having the feature to be able to go to just 1 contact and see all there messages only.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6975
Carrier: verizon

CarmeloR is just getting started

Does anyone know if the Pegasus Dusk theme will work on sense 2.5? Or is there a version that will work on 2.5, I really liked the favorites tab that was in this theme. You got to see a picture of the person and then there were buttons below to call home, cell, text...etc
Old 02-18-2010, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor

I have a question. Why in the hell is everyone wasting time with this when we should be putting more time into unlocking the phone and working on roms?

This SENSE in a .cab seems lame.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There is a thread for those who want to whine about an unlocker , this isn't it. If you consider this thread a waste of time why are you posting here ?
Are you spending YOUR time working on an unlocker ?
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
There is a thread for those who want to whine about an unlocker , this isn't it. If you consider this thread a waste of time why are you posting here ?
Are you spending YOUR time working on an unlocker ?
I don't mean to offend anyone, and I'm not whining about an unlocker. I'm whining about how much time people seem to be putting into this .cab. I would think everyone that is working on it would skip this .cab thing and be working on updating the phone the way it should be.

I don't have any idea how to unlock the phone, but neither do 90% of the people on this forum. All I'm saying is that those that are making and trying to perfect this .cab could spend the time instead on unlocking the phone.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

BRosenow is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post
I don't have any idea how to unlock the phone, but neither do 90% of the people on this forum. All I'm saying is that those that are making and trying to perfect this .cab could spend the time instead on unlocking the phone.
I think it is more like 99.9% of people have no idea how to unlock the phone or work on the HardSPL. I know of 1 person who is working on that (CMONEX) and there is no way to know how long it will take her. So . . . in the mean time, do you mind terribly much if we do what we CAN to improve the functionality of our Imagios - and at the same time perfect things that can be incorporated into future ROMs that we cook? Thanks so much!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible, HTC Imagio, HTC Touch pro, XV6800

Mike304 is keeping up the good workMike304 is keeping up the good work

Can somebody help me into why the mms fix cab isn't working on my device? i've already hard reset 5 times and started from scratch.

Please.... Thank you
Old 02-18-2010, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cslawren is keeping up the good workcslawren is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post
I don't mean to offend anyone, and I'm not whining about an unlocker. I'm whining about how much time people seem to be putting into this .cab. I would think everyone that is working on it would skip this .cab thing and be working on updating the phone the way it should be.

Alright dude, look. I've been helping out a lot on this Sense cab, as has jmart, maxtcee, and megapinky. We may know how to put a cab together or fix it after we find out what the kinks are, but if we knew how to build the Hard SPL unlock, don't you think we would have done it already? The reason I think most of us are doing this is to pass the time by simply because we DON'T know how to unlock the phone. A little less of and a little more of will go a long way until the HSPL unlock comes out. cmonex is the only one working on it because she knows what she's doing, and we don't want to brick our phones trying to do it, especially since most of us have no idea where to start. Cool it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio