PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 12:07 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FroYo 2.2 -- A List of Bugs & Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjrandon View Post
For everyone that's saying they're having no problems. Start playing music with the Sense Music Player then launch Google Navigation and attempt to navigate somewhere with Turn-By-Turn instructions and tell me if Google Navigation turns off your music player once Google Navigation speaks.

From what I've researched this is a Froyo bug, but I want to be sure.
turns my music off.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

easilybigger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed the bug "feature" where if you're using Google Navigation and playing music in the HTC stock music player when the turn-by-turn voice navigation starts it completely shuts down the HTC music player. That's pretty annoying when driving. That's the only bug I've discovered.
thats no bug it was something that happened in 2.1 also. it is annoying though but it is not a bug just part of the app
Old 08-01-2010, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO!!!
Carrier: sprint

Drac is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by easilybigger View Post
thats no bug it was something that happened in 2.1 also. it is annoying though but it is not a bug just part of the app
it never turned off my music when I'd use it. it would speak at the same volume of the music playing which would occasionally cause me to miss turns.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:56 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac View Post
it never turned off my music when I'd use it. it would speak at the same volume of the music playing which would occasionally cause me to miss turns.
That woulda been a bug because it was suppose to.

CW
Old 08-01-2010, 01:15 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
For everyone that's saying they're having no problems. Start playing music with the Sense Music Player then launch Google Navigation and attempt to navigate somewhere with Turn-By-Turn instructions and tell me if Google Navigation turns off your music player once Google Navigation speaks.

From what I've researched this is a Froyo bug, but I want to be sure.

Luckily I have no reason to play music while using turn by turn NAV.=D>
Old 08-01-2010, 02:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO!!!
Carrier: sprint

Drac is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
That woulda been a bug because it was suppose to.

CW
wondered about that. just thought it was one of the little... "overlooked", things in android.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

johnnychimpo is just getting started

Never mind.

Last edited by johnnychimpo; 08-01-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kristopher135@yahoo. om is becoming a great contributor

I upgraded to 2.2 early this morning and the only thing that seemed to be an issue for me is just my keyboard. I re-calibrated it and its perfect now... 2.2 seems to be way better so far than 2.1!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

pgh1969pa is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycakes2 View Post
Then you've missed the whole point of this thread, you never read my OP, and you serve no purpose here.

What no company would allow is an accidental leak like this that would open themselves up to the legal headslam they'd have to endure for possibly bricking a thousand of their flagship devices. Don't be so naive.

But we agree on one thing, carry on...
There are no legal consequences for HTC if users install "unauthorized" software in their device. HTC can put what ever they choose on their server as long they disclose it is not for authorized use. Not sure what the 'legal' basis of your argument is but it surely does not sound like you are an attorney. HTC didn't encourage anyone to install the update or push it out to user. Read your software license & warranty. Legally, you're one your own.

Last edited by pgh1969pa; 08-01-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Wirelessly posted (HTC Evo...SNAPPYDRAGON: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

So this thread has gone from a bug list discussion to a legal debate. If you insist on continuing this discussion, perhaps you both try PMs. This is just childish speculation. Back on topic please.

Give some

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
battery life, caller id, contacts, froyo, phonebook, slow, sluggish