PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FroYo 2.2 -- A List of Bugs & Issues

The only problem that i have with this new rom is battery life,it drians the batery a lot faster than the 1.47 rom,also some apps were not found when i search in the Market,for instance,i tried to download SpoofPro v2,it did not find it,my bro's evo running 1.47 rom sat next to mine found the app in the Market,what gives?
Old 08-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
The only problem that i have with this new rom is battery life,it drians the batery a lot faster than the 1.47 rom,also some apps were not found when i search in the Market,for instance,i tried to download SpoofPro v2,it did not find it,my bro's evo running 1.47 rom sat next to mine found the app in the Market,what gives?
My battery life is leaps and bounds ahead of before upgrading to froyo. I didnt charge for about 12 hrs and lost about 20% battery or less. Granted that was little to no use (broke my charger so didnt wanna kill the phone, damned micro usb flimsy pos). Probably apps running that isnt allowing your phone to sleep or something.

Froyo for Evo hasnt been updated in the market so some apps wont be showing up. The new OS needs to be updated which probably wont happen till closer to official launch.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

The alarm- twice now an alarm has been extended and the dismiss screen not displayed. To dismiss the alarm requires turning the device off then back on. Subsequent alarms are displayed and can be dismissed. To date this occurs with the first alarm of the day.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:37 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
I bet your issue is the issue I had. Check your awake time/up time and see if they're close or the same. For some reason my phone wasnt going to sleep. I did a hard reset and it fixed it for me.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Big Bug 2.2

Sorry for new thread, this seems different.
I upgarded to 2.2 when others did .3 version.
Today Sunday I was having a little trouble with data(internet). Came back from store and looked at phone, No Clock, bookmarks. GPS WiFi $G Bluetooth are gone . On screen where music should be I have a icon with Airplane, GPS is in where bookmarks should be. No call list in farv. Looks like reset.
Looks like Sense is messed up.

Last edited by dallas contractor; 08-01-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro, TP2, EVO 4G, Evo 3d

Cutta-Boi is becoming a great contributor
Re: Big Bug 2.2

Not sure if this is really a bug but try going to Settings>Applications>Manage Apps>HTC Sense>Clear Data

Might help if you start from scratch...

Last edited by Cutta-Boi; 08-02-2010 at 04:28 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Almost a VIP

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks that was bizare.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

wow never heard of that happening personally or seen that happen to anyone else from all the threads that i have read. might just have been one of those weird quirks. did you install any apps or do a restore of any sort that may have caused it? also busybox might be causing those errors if you have it installed.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Almost a VIP

No new apps,no reset. Ran fine for loaded at night 9 PM and about 1PM today after store looked at it and thought it was messed up. Will factory reset later.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

johnnycakes2 is keeping up the good workjohnnycakes2 is keeping up the good work

After a hard reset (which should be done after any new OS install) everything seems to be working fine except for two things:

1.) Scrolling on any Internet page in 2.2 is noticeably slower than on 2.1. The screen lags, stalls, and simply doesn't keep up with any actual finger swipes. Double-tapping as well is hit-and-miss; you have to be really firm. I hope this gets cleared up on Tuesday.

2.) Contacts pictures are now pixelated and blurred. This was always the case when they got blown up to full size during the phone dialer, but now their miniature versions look like garbage just when scrolling through the address book. They were crisp and sharp in 2.1. I don't see why Google can't adhere to a single resolution standard to maintain consistent graphics. Again, maybe Tuesday?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
battery life, caller id, contacts, froyo, phonebook, slow, sluggish