PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FroYo 2.2 -- A List of Bugs & Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycakes2 View Post
After a hard reset (which should be done after any new OS install) everything seems to be working fine except for two things:

1.) Scrolling on any Internet page in 2.2 is noticeably slower than on 2.1. The screen lags, stalls, and simply doesn't keep up with any actual finger swipes. Double-tapping as well is hit-and-miss; you have to be really firm. I hope this gets cleared up on Tuesday.

2.) Contacts pictures are now pixelated and blurred. This was always the case when they got blown up to full size during the phone dialer, but now their miniature versions look like garbage just when scrolling through the address book. They were crisp and sharp in 2.1. I don't see why Google can't adhere to a single resolution standard to maintain consistent graphics. Again, maybe Tuesday?
scrolling was slow for me the very first time i used it but after that i cant had any problems with it. The pixelation was present in 2.1 as well. There is a post showing how to keep images clear. I think it involved putting the picture into Google on the computer but I'm not sure
Old 08-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

if you put the half sized mp3 player widget on the home screen, it lags the phone really bad. touch input is lagged, and swiping doesnt respond.

text input on the internet is also slowed to a crawl.
remove the widget and everythings fine.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

dmora01 is just getting started

I had the 2.2 since Saturday morning and I went back to OMJ 1.9.
1. No dial codes, at least ##775# don't work and need it to change my prl to verizon when I am in dead spot.
2. No wifitether.
3. When I am in dead spot my old radio used to change instantly to roaming but this radio goes to power save mode and takes time to go to roaming. 2 and 3 minutes with no service.
4. I had very bad 3g speeds, I compared with a stock evo from sprint store and looks like does not go back to 3g and locks the service in 1x bc the speed is under 200kb all the time.

I heard that froyo was suppose to use all the ram in the evo but I did not see any differnce with 2.1 from fresh start it had 220mb free in both, same memory usage. Where is the rest.
Battery usage is the same for me!
I don't see any difference in speed.
2.1 records videos way better.
The htc sence version of froyo 2.2 is stripped down in comparison to the nexus one, a lot of more options and functions.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:01 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmora01 View Post
I had the 2.2 since Saturday morning and I went back to OMJ 1.9.
1. No dial codes, at least ##775# don't work and need it to change my prl to verizon when I am in dead spot.
2. No wifitether.
3. When I am in dead spot my old radio used to change instantly to roaming but this radio goes to power save mode and takes time to go to roaming. 2 and 3 minutes with no service.
4. I had very bad 3g speeds, I compared with a stock evo from sprint store and looks like does not go back to 3g and locks the service in 1x bc the speed is under 200kb all the time.

I heard that froyo was suppose to use all the ram in the evo but I did not see any differnce with 2.1 from fresh start it had 220mb free in both, same memory usage. Where is the rest.
Battery usage is the same for me!
I don't see any difference in speed.
2.1 records videos way better.
The htc sence version of froyo 2.2 is stripped down in comparison to the nexus one, a lot of more options and functions.
I wasnt gonna disagree but youre crazy as hell thinking 2.1 is better at video.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

dmora01 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I wasnt gonna disagree but youre crazy as hell thinking 2.1 is better at video.
I have I rooted phone with omj 1.9 with toast kernel and is my conclusion after 2 days, I known this is not the final version.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:19 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Merged

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

Only issue I see so far has been the voice dialing...other have noted it, especially Boo Boo. Hopefully they fix that...at least to the way it was before.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by easilybigger View Post
thats no bug it was something that happened in 2.1 also. it is annoying though but it is not a bug just part of the app
Perviously in 2.1 Google Navigation would only temporarily turn off the music while the turn-by-turn instructions were being spoken. With Froyo it's a documented bug that Google Navigation will EXIT the music application when Google Navigation take focus.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9569

It's going to annoying the living heck out of me until Google addresses this. The only remedy is to mute Google Navigation to prevent the turn-by-turn voice from take focus of the Media Volume controller.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

Day number 3 with no dismiss alarm screen displayed for the first alarm of the day.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

CFdragon is just getting started

I am running 3.26.651.3 here's my biggest problem....
I can't charge my phone in my car...it is fine plugged into the wall, but won't in either of my cars and that's after testing all my usb cables.

Is there anything I can do in settings to fix this?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
battery life, caller id, contacts, froyo, phonebook, slow, sluggish