PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM
Carrier: Sprint

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FroYo 2.2 -- A List of Bugs & Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman313 View Post
He was just trying to be helpful, but I see some people don't like helpful info. I hit thanks for you Original Poster, I appreciate the info.
Well put
Old 08-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

When the "official" release comes out, this should be made into a sticky with the same title so we can gather all the issues we're finding in one place.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

johnnycakes2 is keeping up the good workjohnnycakes2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFdragon View Post
I am running 3.26.651.3 here's my biggest problem....
I can't charge my phone in my car...it is fine plugged into the wall, but won't in either of my cars and that's after testing all my usb cables.

Is there anything I can do in settings to fix this?
I'm beginning to think this is a larger issue as well. When plugged into my computer or the wall, the phone charges fine. But I have a 2nd charger from HTC as well as an xpal XP2000 that charges for 10 minutes and then shuts itself off. It did not do that on 2.1. Now, is this HTC's or Sprint's fault that a 3rd party charger won't work? No, but something strange happened in the OS to keep this from working as it should. I'd like to know what, or what others are experiencing.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycakes2 View Post
I'm beginning to think this is a larger issue as well. When plugged into my computer or the wall, the phone charges fine. But I have a 2nd charger from HTC as well as an xpal XP2000 that charges for 10 minutes and then shuts itself off. It did not do that on 2.1. Now, is this HTC's or Sprint's fault that a 3rd party charger won't work? No, but something strange happened in the OS to keep this from working as it should. I'd like to know what, or what others are experiencing.
I had this issue with non-supported cables. They would charge EVERYTHING else I tried them on, EXCEPT the Evo. I don't know what was going on, I finally ended up buying the iGo which I have to tell you is an overpriced Belkin-type cable.

I think with the Evo, they made it so that you can't just use any aftermarket charging cable.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Wirelessly posted (HTC Evo...SNAPPYDRAGON: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I use an aftermarket and mine works fine...

Give some
Old 08-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycakes2 View Post
After a hard reset (which should be done after any new OS install) everything seems to be working fine except for two things:

1.) Scrolling on any Internet page in 2.2 is noticeably slower than on 2.1. The screen lags, stalls, and simply doesn't keep up with any actual finger swipes. Double-tapping as well is hit-and-miss; you have to be really firm. I hope this gets cleared up on Tuesday.

2.) Contacts pictures are now pixelated and blurred. This was always the case when they got blown up to full size during the phone dialer, but now their miniature versions look like garbage just when scrolling through the address book. They were crisp and sharp in 2.1. I don't see why Google can't adhere to a single resolution standard to maintain consistent graphics. Again, maybe Tuesday?
I agree. But it's also a problem with HTC and the way they implement the resolution through their skins. The TP 1 had this problem and you had to physically find a pic and set it as a contact photo. If you set it through favorites or through the all contacts, the photos would be all screwed up in a pixelated mess.

Google's web contact photo's suck because, like you said, the resolution is set real low. Then when you try to download the contacts, it upscales the photo from a low res to a bigger low res pic resulting in a pixelated turd and it sucks donkey balls.

So the combo of both make it hard to set high res images. What I do is when I take a contact pic, I set it through the gallery. Then I save all contact pics to my PC for backup purposes.

But your right. Google and/or HTC need to set a standard of image resolution and then fix the shit.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

capthr is keeping up the good workcapthr is keeping up the good work

I tried to update the PRL and Profile but they just keep searching anyone else have this problem?
Old 08-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by capthr View Post
I tried to update the PRL and Profile but they just keep searching anyone else have this problem?
Yeah kinda. I tried to update my PRL 3 times and all 3 times my phone rebooted.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kristopher135@yahoo. om is becoming a great contributor

this was working perfect all day yesterday and today until maybe 20 mins ago my phone froze. i took the battery out and put it back in and now my phone keeps getting to the sprint 4g screen then resetting by itself!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

Fring video call not working in 2.2? I just went to my fring app and it doesn't give me the option to video call.....

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
battery life, caller id, contacts, froyo, phonebook, slow, sluggish