PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root No PC or ADB|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Did you wipe? That's the 1st thing.

Also make sure USB debugging is turned on and you've installed HTC Sync so you have working drivers.

And finally, if those don't work, go to:
Menu>Setting>About phone>Software Info
and list what you have for
Baseband =
Build Number =
Software number =

So we can have more info about what might be causing the problems.
I wiped, and USB debugging is/was on, and HTC Sync was installed to the PC I was using when I followed the instructions on page 1.

Bandband = 1.36.00.04.02
Build # = 1.47.651.1 CL195459 release-keys
Software # = 1.47.651.1 OMJ v.1.6
Old 06-30-2010, 04:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: EVO Full Root No PC or ADB|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vi

Quote:
Did you wipe? That's the 1st thing...
LOL! Yes, make sure you always wipe, first and foremost. Wash your hands afterwards too.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
I wiped, and USB debugging is/was on, and HTC Sync was installed to the PC I was using when I followed the instructions on page 1.

Bandband = 1.36.00.04.02
Build # = 1.47.651.1 CL195459 release-keys
Software # = 1.47.651.1 OMJ v.1.6
There's a USB fix thread linked in my Sig that may help. You'll need to use the AndroidSDK. afaik that's the only way to apply the fix mentioned in that thread. If my sig isn't in this post search back a little.

Quote:
Did you wipe? That's the 1st thing.
Well that explains that not-so-fresh feeling, you're s'posed to wipe LAST.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-30-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: To help FastRX8
Old 06-30-2010, 05:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Well that explains that not-so-fresh feeling, you're s'posed to wipe LAST.
i usually wipe a couple of times...just for good measure...

-MightyMike was here.... true story!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, HTC Evo

Askym is becoming a great contributor

so can someone confirm that root is broken for the time being on phones that got the OTA? by broken i mean unable to be rooted.

Tips to better battery management -----> http://www.goodandevo.net/2010/05/20...tery-life.html
Old 06-30-2010, 06:34 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askym View Post
so can someone confirm that root is broken for the time being on phones that got the OTA? by broken i mean unable to be rooted.
Yes, it's broke.
If you did the recent OTA that came out in the last couple days or today, you can no longer root or go back to the previous rom.

If I were you, I'd follow this thread on XDA - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=714157

When there is a solution, it will be posted on that thread.

@Everyone -
Please don't go to the thread on XDA and start clogging it up w/ post like "How's it look", "Any progress" and worst of all "Thanks for the work you guys do" and don't even think about posting "Subscribing"

It's a known, undisputed fact that posting any of those useless/pointless/waste-of-time post in a developers discussion thread will make you're phone kill your pets, then it will contact Sprint and tell them it's been rooted to use Wireless Tether, then it will cancel the T.E.P., then brick itself.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

mshnayde is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askym View Post
Man I think we are out of luck. Can't find a way to get past the OTA update.
Dang.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
@Everyone -
Please don't go to the thread on XDA and start clogging it up w/ post like "How's it look", "Any progress" and worst of all "Thanks for the work you guys do" and don't even think about posting "Subscribing"

It's a known, undisputed fact that posting any of those useless/pointless/waste-of-time post in a developers discussion thread will make you're phone kill your pets, then it will contact Sprint and tell them it's been rooted to use Wireless Tether, then it will cancel the T.E.P., then brick itself.
you failed to mention it will also cause a wimax vortex... you will pee yourself and forget who you are for a week. disclaimer, previously described events occur if you have a metal plate in your head...lol
Old 06-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
you failed to mention it will also cause a wimax vortex... you will pee yourself and forget who you are for a week. disclaimer, previously described events occur if you have a metal plate in your head...lol
OH. You've answered SO many questions for me with just one post. Thanks.

[Note to self: pick up more Depends]
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
You created a Nandroid backup using Amon_RA_recovery. Now you're trying to restore it using ClockworkMod recovery.
Can't do it that way. They make backups differently.
Rom Manager is looking for backup files in sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/Name.of.Backup
That's where the files should be. I don't know if you can take the file from \HT05JHL10540\BDS-20100618-0730 and move them. That might work.

BTW - Backups are not roms. They don't get flashed like roms. That's why you don't see a zip file. My instructions on post 1 in section 3 tell you how to backup/restore using Rom Manager and section 4 tells you how to backup/restore manually.
You backed up manually and are trying to restore through Rom Manager.
How can I get to the non clockwork mod recovery screen. It seems as if now that it has been flashed it is the only one there when I put the phone into bootloader manually. Do I just do something as simple as removing rom manager which I have done but it doesn't seem to remove that bootloader mode if I'm not mistaken. I had a sd card error that I battled through half the night getting that sorted out but then I developed the curse of the broken usb drive. So tonights battle will be getting that sorted out hopefully. @winmo thanks for your help last night. If only sdk had gone on completely (if I had applied the updates) it could have been a simply task. Oh well onto the case of the missing usb connection.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos