PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
I suggested that thread as a shot in the dark.
While calk's issue seems to have been USB recognition I'm 99% sure I've read posts where users said they were not able to charge and applying the USB fixed helped-could be wrong on that.
You have your post up there, hopefully some xda brain can help.
As I said earlier, I cant find anything on your issue via Google, could mean hardware issue. If calk's thread doesnt return results I'd try re-rooting.

I've rerooted so many times already. Mine charges, but once unplugged, continues showing as charged.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Fresh Evo 3.4.0.1

Sheik_Yerbutay is a n00b
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

Just got my Evo and have been following the steps in the first post to a tee. When I get to step 2D I type it in and hit OK but I dont get a screen to complete the next step, it opens and closes real quick. Running on XP... Help!

Last edited by Sheik_Yerbutay; 06-24-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
I've rerooted so many times already. Mine charges, but once unplugged, continues showing as charged.
During the reroot, while on Stock ROM does the issue continue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik_Yerbutay View Post
Just got my Evo and have been following the steps in the first post to a tee. When I get to step 2D I type it in and hit OK but I dont get a screen to complete the next step, it opens and closes real quick. Running on XP... Help!
Are you sure you have all the steps of 2C correct? I've seen this issue myself when the device is not connected or not connected correctly.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
Smile Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

Quote:
Download the file in post #647 again. Make sure it's 170MB in size. Try again.
Hope it helps!
Make sure you have the evo-recovery file from post 1 on the root of your C: drive too.

Last edited by The Doctor; 06-24-2010 at 06:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Fresh Evo 3.4.0.1

Sheik_Yerbutay is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Are you sure you have all the steps of 2C correct? I've seen this issue myself when the device is not connected or not connected correctly.
Yes Ive got it reconnected using the "Charge Only" option. When I try using the Cmd out of the Run option to get a DOS screen and type in "adb-windows shell" as instructed I get a "device not found" error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Download the file in post #647 again. Make sure it's 170MB in size. Try again.
Hope it helps!
Make sure you have the evo-recovery file from post 1 on the root of your C: drive too.
Yes its 170MB in size and I have the evo recovery in the root directory
Old 06-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: go EVO go EVO go..go EVO go..EVO..EVO..

cyespocket is keeping up the good workcyespocket is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to cyespocket

hi everyone..i successfully rooted..after a big bump on the road..the sd problem.when it says "sd removed"..and usb not gettin read at all..all is well now..but my question now is..all the files we threw in the sd card..do we still need it inside? what files should we have in there? thanks
Old 06-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: sprint

nadoo1004 is a n00b
Help root

Is it me?
I followed till section 2 step 2D and stuck after that.
On step,
2E) In the window that opens, type

I do not have window that opens......
Window opens and closes and can't find anywhere to type....
help...
Old 06-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: Help root

Quote:
Yes Ive got it reconnected using the "Charge Only" option. When I try using the Cmd out of the Run option to get a DOS screen and type in "adb-windows shell" as instructed I get a "device not found" error.

Yes its 170MB in size and I have the evo recovery in the root directory
You did UNZIP the contents of evo-recovery to the C drive, right?

Did you verify USB Debugging is enabled? I'm guessing you did but you didnt mention it so I gotta ask....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadoo1004 View Post
Is it me?
I followed till section 2 step 2D and stuck after that.
On step,
2E) In the window that opens, type

I do not have window that opens......
Window opens and closes and can't find anywhere to type....
help...
Like I and the doctor told told sheik earlier verify evo-recovery is UNZIPPED to your C drive and verify all the steps in 2C.

I suggest both of you watch Fast's video, it helps a lot. Hang in there, we should be able to get you through....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyespocket View Post
hi everyone..i successfully rooted..after a big bump on the road..the sd problem.when it says "sd removed"..and usb not gettin read at all..all is well now..but my question now is..all the files we threw in the sd card..do we still need it inside? what files should we have in there? thanks
You're good, just move the files into a folder on your SD or pull them and store them on your PC.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

ok, now fully rooted thanks to wmdunn (thks Bud) and winmo and fastrx(awesome updated directions)! You guys rock. ROCK i say
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
ok, now fully rooted thanks to wmdunn (thks Bud) and winmo and fastrx(awesome updated directions)! You guys rock. ROCK i say
Welcome to the club!
Fast did all the heavy lifting, I'm just in here trying to repay the favor

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos