PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 10:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
re: EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by logik777 View Post
i would have to it like this ''c:\evo-recovery\adb-windows shell wimax_mtd'' is this correct?..........boy am i a noob or what.....LOL
The Evo created a TON of Droid n00bs...
like Me
You almost got it, just hit [Enter] after

c:\evo-recovery\adb-windows shell

and you will then be at a # prompt. Then type

wimax_mtd

That will provide a long list of code, scroll back to the top and look for firmware version-it's a few lines down from the top.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch 6900
Carrier: sprint

logik777 is a n00b

ok i think i did not install it correctly or it did not install properly because it says .
4.6.2.2v25641 it does not end @ 63..........so it did not install correct .now should i reflash the winmax again to see if it takes it.?
Old 08-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
ok i think i did not install it correctly or it did not install properly because it says .
4.6.2.2v25641 it does not end @ 63..........so it did not install correct .now should i reflash the winmax again to see if it takes it.?
Yessir, reflash.
If it still wont go then wipe cache and dalvik and flash again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

logik777 is a n00b

only flash the winmax correct not rom or radio.....
Old 08-23-2010, 11:45 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
only flash the winmax correct not rom or radio.....
Yes, just the wimax.

@stang-I couldn't get the adj code for the screen type to go, will give it another go later.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-24-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

logik777 is a n00b

Thanks iknowsquat I will reflash wimax once I get home later today I really appreciate all the help....LGK777..
Old 08-24-2010, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

logik777 is a n00b

ok i reflashed winmax an now it says 4.6.2 2v26023which i think is the one on OMJ's roms post the zip file i downloaded said Winmax26023 correct .?
Old 08-24-2010, 08:45 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

OK, I decided to do a Nandroid backup tonight before I started flashing ROMs. I already did a Titanium Backup and Rom MAnger backup. When I use Quick Boot, it boots into recovery but looks revamped since dl'ing Rom Manager. I go to Nandroid, select backup, but its saying ClockWork Mod Recovery at the top while doing the backup. So, I think it looks the same as when I backed up using Rom Manager. Did I just do a second backup in Rom Manager and still dont have a Nandroid backup, or did I do a NAndroid backup and it just looks different since dl'ing Rom Manager? I'm thinking it was a Nandroid backup and the graphics are just changed thanks to Rom MAnager....Can some one confirm?

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 08-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
ok i reflashed winmax an now it says 4.6.2 2v26023which i think is the one on OMJ's roms post the zip file i downloaded said Winmax26023 correct .?
You're golden Bro. Sorry-I had told you it ended in 63 when it was 23 but you didnt have the right version anyway. Glad you got it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
OK, I decided to do a Nandroid backup tonight before I started flashing ROMs. I already did a Titanium Backup and Rom MAnger backup. When I use Quick Boot, it boots into recovery but looks revamped since dl'ing Rom Manager. I go to Nandroid, select backup, but its saying ClockWork Mod Recovery at the top while doing the backup. So, I think it looks the same as when I backed up using Rom Manager. Did I just do a second backup in Rom Manager and still dont have a Nandroid backup, or did I do a NAndroid backup and it just looks different since dl'ing Rom Manager? I'm thinking it was a Nandroid backup and the graphics are just changed thanks to Rom MAnager....Can some one confirm?
There are two custom recoveries to use-amon RA that you install during the root process if you follow all of Fast's steps and Clockwork mod which is available via ROM Manager. There are essentially identical.
IMO-that being said I've seen a few posts lately with users having trouble with Clockwork-could be user error, could be something with the latest version
I use amon RA.
When you downloaded ROM Manager you must have selected to flash Clockwork recovery. You can go back to ROM Manager, scroll down to the bottom of the menu and select Flash Alternate Recovery and that will get you back to amon if you want.
Technically the nand backup is a feature of the amon recovery. The ROM Manager backup (Nandroid) is their version of it. Again, like the recoveries, the backups are essentially the same.
So yes, you do have two backups now-cant hurt.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-25-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:07 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

Cool man, thanks for the info!! I'm just being overly cautious before I start flashing a bunch of different roms.

Now another question. In the write-up here, it says that if you dont like a rom that you flashed, then you just perform a restore and it will be as it was before. So, does that mean you dont have to reflash the previous rom, then restore so that all of your settings and apps will be back the way it was. Or, performing the restore also reflashes back to the rom that you restored. If thats the case then that is even more awesome than I thought!!!

Oh, hit a couple thanks for you Iknowaquat. I really appreciate you using your time to answer all of my noob questions...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos