PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD
Carrier: Sprint

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to brol1k
Re: EVERYTHING Root & Nand

Ok so now Im up to the last part of rooting using the root method for the ppl who did the OTA, im at the last part where u choose flash zip from sdcard, the problem is I chose it, and hit power button to confirm it but on the phone it says E: cant open /sdcard/pc36img.zip
(bad)
installation aborted.

Im using the zip that was given in the first post.
Sprint 4g speed:

Last edited by brol1k; 07-26-2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: figured out step 5Z
Old 07-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: EVERYTHING Root & Nand

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
Ok so now Im up to the last part of rooting using the root method for the ppl who did the OTA, im at the last part where u choose flash zip from sdcard, the problem is I chose it, and hit power button to confirm it but on the phone it says E: cant open /sdcard/pc36img.zip
(bad)
installation aborted.

Im using the zip that was given in the first post.
It looks like threads got merged possibly so just to be clear-- you are following the tutorial on how to root, yes?
List what step you are on. If you are on the step where you flash a ROM and it is in the PC36IMG format it CAN NOT be flashed via "Flash From SD"
If you are flashing a ROM in that format then you place it on the root of your SD card just like during the root process and then boot into bootloader to flash it.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-26-2010 at 11:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyt225 View Post
ok konfusion, i think im gonna do this simpleroot tonight. im really scared though. ive been reading the recent comments in this thread and ppl are having issues : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...20565&page=117

like am i required to flash a rom to complete this? i heard theres a rooted stock rom somewhere floating around. help!! i need to be reassured lol. thanks

The chances of you running into a problem are minimal and even if you do its not going to brick your phone. Pm me if you need help. And no you do not have to flash a custom rom but you should do what I said and backup your rom after you root and then try a custom rom, worse case just flash back to your backup.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo

Last edited by Konfuzion; 07-27-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVO Full Root|OTA Root|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing|for n00b's + vide

I missed the original thread title. So old thread title for all! w00t

It seems to be much more descriptive and of course is tag lined [Tutorial] which i do prefer for stick organization.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

Dark Calamity is a n00b
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | for n00b's with vid

can i do this if im on software version 1.47.651.1 ????
Old 07-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | for n00b's with vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Calamity View Post
can i do this if im on software version 1.47.651.1 ????
Yes, start with Step 5 of the tutorial, "root after OTA 1.47"
Old 07-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

FYI - Swapped post #1 with post #2 so people can see the FAQ's first. Now the tutorials are in post #2.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

donniezazen is a n00b

Is it OK to remove following files from sdcard after i have successfully rooted the phone.

PC36IMG.zip, flash_image, mtd-eng.img, part1, part2 and recovery.img.

Thanks.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniezazen View Post
Is it OK to remove following files from sdcard after i have successfully rooted the phone.

PC36IMG.zip, flash_image, mtd-eng.img, part1, part2 and recovery.img.

Thanks.
Totally, move them into a folder or save them on your PC.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

donniezazen is a n00b
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVO Full Root|OTA Root|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing|for n00b's + vide

What's the difference between Titanium Backup and ROM backup? Will restoring ROM backup using ROM manager restore everything? Titanium backup is to backup all apps and settings and ROM backup to backup the OS.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos