PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 10:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to install 3.29.651.5 OTA and be rooted *stock rom*

my steps are clear and self explanitory. and other people seem to be able to follow them
Old 09-30-2010, 04:05 PM
DevilbearNY

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

What she said ! Take it from the noob of noobs.. (Me) Her steps Work !
Old 10-01-2010, 03:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I finally got it done. It shows fully rooted and when Titanium Backup with BustyBox is installed says it does not have access. Slowly getting there.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilbearNY View Post
What she said ! Take it from the noob of noobs.. (Me) Her steps Work !
I am far ahead. I have been rooted and on custom roms for months.

Some people like to have a deeper understanding of the process. That is all.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:21 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

It wanted a reset. Now it is all working just fine. Something so easy when one looks back...nerve wracking.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work
re: EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

ok so I have rooted my phone via unrevoked, and now I want to try and flash a custom rom… I have rom manager, I go to download rom, I can download many roms but just for kicks let's use OMJ's rom for example, once I download it, how do I install it? Can't find a step by step of rom installation… how do I install this roms? If using this program isn't the best way please tell me… thanks..
Old 10-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I did the long way for root to go back to 1.47 then 2.2. I am on a old Virus rom that is in seperate parts, base, kernel, theme. I am thinking of going back to stock 2.2 using RUU 3.26.651.6 to get update. Is that right or do I need to go back to RUU 1.47 first? I was stupid and made a nand backup but not of stock.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
re: EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

From page one:

the last command will reboot your phone into recovery mode.

5AA) From the list, use "Volume DOWN" to highlight "Wipe" and "Power" button to select it.

5AB) In the Wipe menu you're going to use the "Volume DOWN" to highlight "Wipe data/factory reset" and "Power" button to select it, then "Power" button again to confirm. Once it's done, repeat this step so you "Wipe data/factory reset" twice.

5AC) Use the "Volume DOWN" to highlight "Wipe Dalvik-cache" and "Power" button to select it, then "Power" button again to confirm. Once it's done, repeat this step so you "Wipe Dalvik-cache" twice.

Now push "Power" button to return to the previous menu.

5AD) Use the "Volume DOWN" to highlight "Flash zip from sdcard" and "Power" button to select it.
At this point every zip file on the root of your sdcard will show. Make sure you know which one you're using.

5AE) Use the "Volume DOWN" to highlight your rom or radio file and "Power" button to select it, then "Power" button again to confirm. Sit back and wait. Mine took about 2mins.

When it's done, hit "Power" button to "Reboot system now" and enjoy your rooted EVO w/ a custom rom.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo

escavi is a n00b
Noob Question Evo Flash

Now I know this might have been addressed already, but the solutions I found are not working. I rooted my phone, install OMJ saphire rom and said it installed properly. I then reboot my phone, now my it is stuck on the animation screen. So I did a search and saw I needed to wipe my cache. I wiped all 3 caches (including the dalvik), reinstalled the rom and still stuck. Ive done this a few times now.

After it not working I then I read I needed to apply update.zip (which I didnt do) because I had deleted it from my SD card and had to refind it so I went to

ClockworkMod Forum &bull; View topic - update.zip Missing/Problems

and took the advice from poster #1, downloaded recovery-clockwork-supersonic.zip, renamed it and installed it as update.zip. I rewiped everything again and reinstalled the rom, but it is still stuck. Even after 2 additional attempts, still stuck.

Please help me, I just switched to android from WinMo and havent had any luck with it.

Last edited by escavi; 10-02-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Noob Question Evo Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by escavi View Post
Now I know this might have been addressed already, but the solutions I found are not working. I rooted my phone, install OMJ saphire rom and said it installed properly. I then reboot my phone, now my it is stuck on the animation screen. So I did a search and saw I needed to wipe my cache. I wiped all 3 caches (including the dalvik), reinstalled the rom and still stuck. Ive done this a few times now.

After it not working I then I read I needed to apply update.zip (which I didnt do) because I had deleted it from my SD card and had to refind it so I went to

ClockworkMod Forum &bull; View topic - update.zip Missing/Problems

and took the advice from poster #1, downloaded recovery-clockwork-supersonic.zip, renamed it and installed it as update.zip. I rewiped everything again and reinstalled the rom, but it is still stuck. Even after 2 additional attempts, still stuck.

Please help me, I just switched to android from WinMo and havent had any luck with it.
Hmmm, if you rooted using unrevoked it should have clockwork mod installed, if you can boot into recovery, clear cache, etc and load roms from sd..then I would say everything is probably working just try a different rom to verify.

You can play around with a program called Rom Manager (market) and try another recover (RA Recovery) or download a different rom directly to the phone, its kind of cool.

Last edited by PropagandaX; 10-02-2010 at 01:01 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos