PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVO Full Root|OTA Root|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing|for n00b's + vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralSword View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked, but if I have already rooted through unrevoked3, can I still follow these steps? If not, can I reflash the stock recovery to follow this process?
I don't know what Unrevoked3 actually does, however, there's no harm/danger in trying these steps. The problem might be, depending on what state your phone is in, that they just won't work.

Personally, if I were you, I'd still flash back to stock using RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.6_Radio_1.39.00.05.31_rele ase_171253_signed.exe

Then, from there I'd just root using Section 1&2. Then you can flash a rom that gives you the OTA update.

Here's a link to all the shipped roms that will unroot/lock your phone -
http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Supersonic/
Old 07-22-2010, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

dlgipson is a n00b
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVO Full Root|OTA Root|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing|for n00b's + vide

I think I have a really big problem, I pressed volume up to update image and after it started the phone fell off the desk and the battery came out, now when I turn the phone on it goes to the white screen that says htc EVO 4G and stays there. Can this be fixed or an it an THC paper weight
Old 07-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlgipson View Post
I think I have a really big problem, I pressed volume up to update image and after it started the phone fell off the desk and the battery came out, now when I turn the phone on it goes to the white screen that says htc EVO 4G and stays there.
If you're still stuck turn off the phone-might have to pull the battery-then boot into bootloader like it says to in the tutorial. The process should just start from there.
And for God's sake Man, be careful next time!

Quote:
Can this be fixed or an it an THC paper weight
I only know of one use for THC paper
Old 07-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965

What steps does one do from unrevoked 3 to full root?
Thanks

Old 07-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmo1965 View Post
What steps does one do from unrevoked 3 to full root?
Thanks
Posted 3 post above yours -

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralSword View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked, but if I have already rooted through unrevoked3, can I still follow these steps? If not, can I reflash the stock recovery to follow this process?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
I don't know what Unrevoked3 actually does, however, there's no harm/danger in trying these steps. The problem might be, depending on what state your phone is in, that they just won't work.

Personally, if I were you, I'd still flash back to stock using RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.6_Radio_1.39.00.05.31_rele ase_171253_signed.exe

Then, from there I'd just root using Section 1&2. Then you can flash a rom that gives you the OTA update.

Here's a link to all the shipped roms that will unroot/lock your phone -
http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Supersonic/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Posted 3 post above yours -
Sorry about that, Thanks given!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work

What is the difference between this Tutorial and this one here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=706411
Old 07-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
What is the difference between this Tutorial and this one here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=706411
This tutorial=manually rooting your phone.
Simple root=automatically does it for you.

This one you linked is PRE-latest OTA.
The POST-OTA Simple root is here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=720565

Personally I like/want to learn so I did the manual steps for Pre-OTA, unrooted my phone after the latest OTA and then did the manual steps for Post-OTA. Both processes worked as written, I had NO issues.
Either way will get you root.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work

Ahh I had had trouble doing the first PRE OTA, then I followed the POST OTA... only do the PRE OTA... that sucks
Old 07-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
Ahh I had had trouble doing the first PRE OTA, then I followed the POST OTA... only do the PRE OTA... that sucks
What sucks? What step are you having trouble with? If you cant get it you can just use the correct Simple root for your software.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos